Two Bold issues

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Two Bold issues

New postby c5karl on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:11 pm

You've done an excellent job with PodTrapper. I was up and running in minutes, and I'm very impressed with the features. A huge bargain for $10.

I have found two issues (I'm running the app on an AT&T Bold). I apologize if these are redundant, but I haven't seen them elsewhere:

1) There seems to be a file locking issue that won't allow me to delete an episode that I've played during the same session. I need to exit the app and restart; then I can delete any episode I want.

2) On the Bold, the font in the progress bar is illegibly small.
c5karl

Re: Two Bold issues

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:22 am

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

c5karl wrote:1) There seems to be a file locking issue that won't allow me to delete an episode that I've played during the same session. I need to exit the app and restart; then I can delete any episode I want.

I'll have to investigate that one, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

c5karl wrote:2) On the Bold, the font in the progress bar is illegibly small.

For this one, is it too small to make out characters, or just too small to be comfortable to read? (This will determine what kind of fix I have to put in place, some phones (Storm) actually contain font sizes that are 1 dot high, which makes no sense since it would be impossible to make out a character composed of a single dot).

Thanks for the feedback, definitely let me know if you run into any more issues.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby c5karl on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:22 am

1) This issue has been fixed by v. 1.3.0. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

2) I'm guessing the Storm and the Bold handle fonts the same way. The font in the progress bar is probably about 5 px. high, but given the screen's pixel density, that's microscopically small. I can make out the characters, but only barely. Remember that the Storm and the Bold have the same resolution, but the Bold's screen is much smaller, so the pixels are tiny.
c5karl

New postby Tom Munch on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:19 am

I have old eyes & can't make out the progress bar numbers at all on my Bold. If you could make it a little bigger it would be much appreciated. Of course the higher-res screen also makes the icons & button images seem very small too.

Tom
Tom Munch

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:09 pm

I added some code on this to make it better (1.5.5+), can you guys let me know if it does/doesn't fix it for you? (I don't have a Bold to test with, and the simulator doesn't show actual size).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Tom Munch on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:05 pm

It's still really small on the Bold. I don't see a difference. Bump it up another notch I'd say if you can.
Tom Munch

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:08 pm

Will do, thanks Tom. Look for it in the next version.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Tom Munch on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Marcus,

The progress bar is now very readable - thanks.

Tom
Tom Munch

Return to Bugs and help