problems with revision3 feeds

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

problems with revision3 feeds

New postby rone on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:22 pm

I have multiple feeds working in 2.1.0 I am not able to get my feeds from revision3 to work.
http://revision3.com/tekzilla/feed/Xvid ... show=false
http://revision3.com/systm/feed/Xvid-Small

I can not figure out what is wrong. I do not see an error message, they just don't update.

I also tried 2.1.1 with the luck

The log only says download log no longer available.
rone

Re: problems with revision3 feeds

New postby marwatk on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Can you shoot me a copy of the logs from the device? (Via the 'email developer' menu item).

Also, what happens when you try? Do you get the list of episodes, but none will download? Or are you having a problem playing them back? (If that's the case it could be a model issue as the older ones aren't capable of playing most podcast videos). What model are you on?

With this data we should be able to figure out what's going on.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby rone on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:19 pm

The podcast does not update all, no episode list or anything. The podcast entry just displays the url I have entered.

I have an 8900 and the geekbrief video podcast plays fine. I am running OS version 4.6.1.250

I have sent the logs.
rone

New postby marwatk on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Thanks, logs helped.

It looks like your BB is getting routed to this page for that podcast:
http://dir-655.bsecure.com/blocked/defa ... &brandid=1
(It's a blocked url message)

What's strange is it's going over WIFI to grab them, so there must be a firewall in between you and revision3. Are you doing it at work or similar where such a firewall may be in place?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby rone on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 am

It appears I may have had a couple of problems going on.

I have securespot at home to protect the kids from the internet. Something must have changed in their auto filtering to block those sites.

I had continued to try and get it working so I tried it at work and did not have any luck there either.

I was looking at something else and noticed that the sd card in blackberry had more data on it than it should. After checking, I noticed the podtrapper directory on the sd card had many files in it even though I only had few active podcasts. I deleted the podtrapper directory and recreated it. The 2 podcasts that would not update at all then updated and told me what podcasts where available and starting downloading podcasts. I manually triggered a re-download ofthe podcasts for the feeds that had been working.

Thanks for the help. Keep up the great work on a great product. This is my most used app on my blackberry.

Ron
rone

New postby marwatk on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Great, glad you got it figured out. Let me know if you run into any other issues.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help