Paused Podcasts starting spontaneously

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Paused Podcasts starting spontaneously

New postby jim on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:22 pm

I'm using version 2.1.0 on a Curve 8900. Several times (most recently in a meeting) a podcast resumed playing spontaneously. PodTrapper was not in the foregroud. One time two paused mp3's started simultaneously with the BlackBerry in its sleeve in my pocket.
jim

Re: Paused Podcasts starting spontaneously

New postby Tripper_ on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:24 pm

My guess is that you accidentally hit the mute button. If so you can disable it in the settings.
Tripper_

New postby marwatk on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:20 pm

That's my guess as well, definitely let me know if not. (See the Settings -> Keyboard Settings screen).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jwickham on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:57 pm

You may be right. Only time will tell. Before disabling the mute button in Podtrapper, I started and paused an mp3 in media player, then played a podcast in podTrapper. Predictably, I could use the mute button to toggle betwen the two appplications. Not a bug, but an un docuemented feature. Either way unexpected noise can disrupt a meeting. Anyway, thanks for the prompt replies. I think I'm on the right track.
jwickham

New postby marwatk on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:24 pm

In the latest beta (going out now) I put in logging for the source of pause events, so if you still have issues grab that version (http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/) and shoot me a copy of the logs.

The new version also has a 'pause only' option for that key, so that it can be used to stop (but not restart) playback.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby pcfascist on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:40 pm

I've noticed this too. But I guess it only started happening when my phone was updated the other day when it connected to the computer.

I noticed it happens when I get a call and when another app "Easy Standby" put the phone to sleep, pod trapper will play with my phone fall asleep.

I just downloaded the most recent Beta 2.2.2? and noticed this ended my issues with it unmuting when I call my phone.

I'll report back about the interaction with "easy standby"
pcfascist

New postby countstex on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 am

pcfascist wrote:
I'll report back about the interaction with "easy standby"

It;s the same with AutoStandby. It makes sense, those apps are just 'soft' pressing the mute button, so podtrapper will still interact with that event. I just disabled the mute button control within PodTrapper and I'm all good.
countstex

New postby y2kdread on Fri May 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Would it be possible to have some sort of "pocket mode" which acts like it does when you have just started up the application? That way if i forget to take PodTrapper out of the foreground but put it in "pocket mode" it will not have anything queued up to play?
y2kdread

New postby marwatk on Sat May 08, 2010 1:22 pm

y2kdread wrote:Would it be possible to have some sort of "pocket mode" which acts like it does when you have just started up the application? That way if i forget to take PodTrapper out of the foreground but put it in "pocket mode" it will not have anything queued up to play?

Sure. There's a 'Stop' menu item at the top of all PodTrapper menus when there's something paused. Clicking that will clear out the player so resume won't actually resume anything. Let me know how that works for you.

-marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help