Feedback v 1.4.0

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Feedback v 1.4.0

New postby StormDoc on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:03 pm

love this app, I listen to a lot of podcasts. The fact that you are adding the ability to play mp3 and video is awesome as I don't care for the Blackberry media player. I also listen to audiobooks and Blackberry media player often loses my place and very difficult to find where left off. On that note, just a few things I've noticed with the current version just to help make this an even better.

DISCLAIMER: I am on the Storm so don't know how much has to do with that or if these are issues other BB users are having:

1) deletion of content wasn't working in previous version but seems OK now in 1.4.0

2) in File Playback, often when play an mp3 or when was trying the video playback, there is no sound until I push either volume key on the side of the device. Also if I hit the device's "Mute" button it mutes fine but when hit again still silent though can see is playing, have to hit the device's volume key to get sound again

3) in File Playback, once an mp3 is "100% listened" won't restart from beginning automatically, have to hit the screen button to go to the beginning of the file and then "Play" again, also "Restart Playback" in the menu didn't do anything either

4) in File Playback, when do hit a forward or back key, though not consistent, often the menu pops up instead

5) in File Playback, I have an mp3 audiobook that I half listened to in the BB media player so forwarded it to about "70% listened" in Podtrapper and hit play, it's playing from the beginning even though shows I'm at the 70% mark?

6) for the Storm version but would be nice if onscreen buttons larger, maybe twice the size so easier to activate given the touchscreen

7) in File Playback, can play video OK, again volume issue sometimes as described in #2, and only plays in the regular BlackBerry sized area in both portrait and landscape mode

8) in File Playback -> Videos: last version unable to get out of video playback, no keys or touch screen did anything even the side keys (had to perform battery pull), in 1.4.0 can now get out but only if I hit the key on the side of the device which is set to go to the camera, then have to go back into Podtrapper and start over

9) Playlists and album art would be nice when you get to it

Thanks for all you work, I will be happy to test if needed.
Last edited by StormDoc on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StormDoc

Re: Feedback v 1.4.0

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:01 pm

Hi,

StormDoc wrote:1) deletion of content wasn't working in previous version but seems OK now in 1.4.0

Yeah, it actually worked prior to 1.1.2, then I broke it :) Well, at least it's fixed now.

StormDoc wrote:2) in File Playback, often when play an mp3 or when was trying the video playback, there is no sound until I push either volume key on the side of the device. Also if I hit the device's "Mute" button it mutes fine but when hit again still silent though can see is playing, have to hit the device's volume key to get sound again

I think I can put a fix in for that, thanks for letting me know.

StormDoc wrote:3) in File Playback, once an mp3 is "100% listened" won't restart from beginning automatically, have to hit the screen button to go to the beginning of the file and then "Play" again, also "Restart Playback" in the menu didn't do anything either

I'll definitely fix the 'Restart playback' function, but I'm not sure it should automatically reset. For listening to audio books that comes in parts it makes more sense to show them as 100% listened to versus resetting it so that you know which you've listened to and not.

StormDoc wrote:4) in File Playback, when do hit a forward or back key, though not consistent, often the menu pops up instead

I'll check that out, but I'm not sure what could be causing it.

StormDoc wrote:5) in File Playback, I have an mp3 audiobook that I half listened to in the BB media player so forwarded it to about "70% listened" in Podtrapper and hit play, it's playing from the beginning even though shows I'm at the 70% mark?

I'll look into this one for sure.

StormDoc wrote:6) for the Storm version but would be nice if onscreen buttons larger, maybe twice the size so easier to activate given the touchscreen

This one's actually already on my todo list and will make it in as soon as all the kinks are worked out of the base functionality.

StormDoc wrote:7) in File Playback, can play video OK, again volume issue sometimes as described in #2, and only plays in the regular BlackBerry sized area in both portrait and landscape mode

This one will eventually be fixed as well.

StormDoc wrote:8) in File Playback -> Videos: last version unable to get out of video playback, no keys or touch screen did anything even the side keys (had to perform battery pull), in 1.4.0 can now get out but only if I hit the key on the side of the device which is set to go to the camera, then have to go back into Podtrapper and start over

This one is also on my todo list. Right now video isn't officially supported, but it works in some situations. My goal is to have proper handling of video at some later point.

StormDoc wrote:9) Playlists and album art would be nice when you get to it

I'm actually working on Playlists today, album art will probably come later.

Thanks for all the feedback, it definitely helps. I'll let you know when I've got some/all of this done.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi again,

Just wanted to let you know 1.5.0 is out and fixes most of these issues.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Feedback v 1.5.0

New postby StormDoc on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:05 pm

Excellent!
just FYI, I still have the issue when press "Play" no sound until I hit the up or down volume key on the side of the device

and going back to another issue, how about if a file is "100% Listened", then I think would be OK if I hit "Play" would start from the beginning automatically, I agree if not 100% should leave as is because could be listening to audiobook and that would be very frustrating.

still testing the other items . . .

Thanks for your work!
StormDoc

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi again,

Can you try 1.5.5 for the volume thing? I can't reproduce it, so I'm just kinda taking shots at what might fix it.

For the 100% thing, I think it's such a boundary case (replaying old stuff) that I prefer people having to hit the restart button to replay it. The tradeoff, of course, is that it would take 2 button clicks to replay something, instead of 1, but conversely, it prevents someone from starting over something they've finished and now not knowing what they've finished and haven't.

Definitely an argument on either side, but I think I'm going to leave it at a deliberate action to restart them.

Thanks again for all the feedback, let me know if you have any more!

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help