File Browser - Total Time not working

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

File Browser - Total Time not working

New postby edzzik on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Marcus,

I just noticed that when I browse to my audiobooks folder on the SD card, the total file time is showing as a question mark until I play the file. As soon as I play it, then the total time is known. Not sure if you are not scanning all the files in the folder on purpose, but you can maybe automatically scan all the known file types. Also, is it possible to make a default location when I go to the file browser? It would be nice if I could set this in settings, so that I wouldn't have to keep browsing to through all the subfolders every time I wanted to listen on my files. BTW, love the great support you are providing. Probably the best I've seen. You rock (as does Podtrapper :-)

Thanks,
Ed
edzzik

Re: File Browser - Total Time not working

New postby edzzik on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:06 pm

I also just noticed that it does not accurately state the total time for some files. For example, one file is reported as 24 minutes, even though it a few hours long. I was able to play it past the 100% marker, but I can no loner fast forward or rewind it. It's an mp3 file, so kind of strange. I don't seem to have any other issues with other files
edzzik

New postby marwatk on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi Ed,

Unfortunately this one is out of my hands, I have to rely on the BB Media player to tell me how long a given file is, and it's not always accurate in its estimates. And to get even that requires loading up the file for playback, so I try to do it sparingly. Usually, though, it's only wrong about files that are corrupt in some way. Can you duplicate it with other files?

I have a todo list item for making folders that you select appear in the main podcast list, so eventually it'll be possible to bookmark folders as you describe... eventually :)

Thanks for the feedback!

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mobilechrisd on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Ed.

Are your files a combination of multiple files into one?

I had a similar problem when I combined parts 1, 2, 3... into one file.

I found this program: http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/ and running my result through it fixed my problem.

May not help but I thought I would toss it out on the table.

CD
mobilechrisd

New postby edzzik on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 am

Actually, yes it was. Thanks, I'll check it out...
edzzik

Return to Bugs and help