Feedback v 1.5.5

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Feedback v 1.5.5

New postby StormDoc on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks for the frequent updates to the app . . .

Still have volume issue on the Storm, doesn't seem to matter if a podcast, mp3 or video file and if it helps I don't recall the problem in the earlier versions, maybe before 1.4 or 1.3 . . .

Appreciate the larger buttons, MUCH better for the touchscreen interface . . . :D

Doesn't play a "partially listened" file from the beginning as of v 1.5.0, so that appears fixed as well . . . :D

Video podcast play is very choppy, the audio is OK but the picture is not . . .

Video file I put on the device however runs well, not sure why this would make a difference. Can now get out of the video, whether a download podcast or video file, by pressing the device mute button which helps, but be nice if the "back" key also got you out, none of the keys on the front of the Storm do anything in video mode. Changing from portrait to landscape seems to work better now, but when in portrait mode image runs on the top 2/3 of the screen with a bright white bar along the bottom. If you do hit the back button the interesting thing you are controlling the app in the background and able to see partial screens in this bar while video is playing, if that makes sense . . .

more to come . . .

Thanks again!
StormDoc

Re: Feedback v 1.5.5

New postby ag5bpilot on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:20 pm

FYI, I've noticed that *some* video podcasts are choppy, and some play excellently.

Not sure how you can tell what the actual file name is. If we had the file name, we could try playing the choppy videos directly from the media player to determine if it's the video player or Podtracker that's causing the problem.

Maybe there's a way to figure out the filename?
Mike
ag5bpilot

Re: Feedback v 1.5.5

New postby marwatk on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi Mike,

I added a menu option (1.5.9+) to launch PodTrapper files in the BB Media player on the playback screen. This should make it easier to see if PodTrapper is the issue.

Behind the scenes PodTrapper actually uses the built in media player to play files, so if a video is having problems playing in PodTrapper it'll generally also have issues in BB Media player (there are a few exceptions, but not really worth mentioning).

I'd be interested to hear if you see behavior other than that.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help