specify update time

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

specify update time

New postby snooze on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:03 am

I'd also like to see an option to set a specific time of day for the app to look for new episodes.

Thanks for your work.
snooze

Re: specify update time

New postby marwatk on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 am

Hi snooze,

This one has been requested before, but I'm curious why you'd like to schedule them for a specific time.

I was thinking about adding a 'Only download when charging' option, would that suffice?

Let me know,
I can go either way, but the charging thing seems simpler from both the code and user perspective, if it accomplishes the same goal (not killing battery, etc).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby snooze on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:18 am

"Download while charging" would work just as well. The reason I ask is because I'd like it to download while I'm sleeping so it won't compete for bandwidth while I'm using it. My phone doesn't have wi-fi & I use your "download over celluar" setting.
snooze

New postby marwatk on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:21 am

Great, I'll get that in today as well.

It's interesting to hear that the cellular downloads are working for you (it works for me on TMobile as well). There are carriers, I guess, that cap the download size and some users are having issues using it. I'm working on a desktop download solution that bypasses it, but it will require a small app to sit on the desktop that talks to the berry.

At any rate, keep the suggestions coming!

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests