New Icons - Checkered Flag

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

New Icons - Checkered Flag

New postby Lion on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:32 am

I like the direction the new icons are going!

It took me a while to "get" the checkered flag icon ... maybe a little curl to it would better indicate that it's a flag:

IE: http://www.usflags.com/images/products/Product-2520.jpg

Then it becomes more obvious.

The only other comment I have is the unity of colors across the UI. For certain the UI comes last over functionality, at least to me, but some color-wheel work or maybe based on the theme used by the OS thing would spiff up the UX some. (for the record, I have no idea how the OS theme is defined or coded)

This is still awesome software, thanks!
Lion

Re: New Icons - Checkered Flag

New postby WarER4X on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Yes, the UI look is definitely better!

Can we expect a unique app icon sometime soon as opposed to the generic icon automatically assigned by the BB OS? Perhaps the smiling monkey face would make a good icon for the app, or maybe use the same orange speaker icon that is used for the Podtrapper desktop app?

Thanks!

-SR-
WarER4X

Re: New Icons - Checkered Flag

New postby marwatk on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi guys,

My design skill is, um... limited. And by limited I mean none. Or less than none :)

I can do shapes, and I can modify other stuff (the Podtrapper icon is a ripoff of the standard RSS icon, if you hadn't noticed), but that's about the extent of my skillset in this regard.

I'm definitely open to suggestions, though, or examples, or both.

For the storm icon, that's actually the only berry that doesn't show the proper podtrapper icon. For most users it's a large version of the podcast icon from the main screen. I'm not quite sure why it's not displaying on the storm, but it's something I'll look into.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests