Feature: Make sleep timer easily accessable for Bob's sake!

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: Make sleep timer easily accessable for Bob's sake!

New postby Feature Bot on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:10 pm

User JayAaroBe submitted the following feature request:

Make sleep timer easily accessable for Bob's sake!

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Make sleep timer easily accessable for Bob's sake!

New postby JayAaroBe on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:10 pm

I did a search and only found one person mention this in passing but it was never brought up again. I can't imagine why the sleep time is buried in the settings the way it is, and I'm shocked that nobody has requested this yet. Please please please make the sleep timer easily accessible. Like one or two steps away, not the ridiculous number required now. In closing I want to say how much I love Podtrapper and thank the creator for it. I use it every day, it's the most important app in my life and the best money I ever spent buying it.
Currently using Podtrapper on the Droid Bionic
JayAaroBe

Re: Feature: Make sleep timer easily accessable for Bob's sake!

New postby saintjohnny on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:36 pm

This feature would be useful to me, but I am honestly just grateful to have the feature to begin with. My phone is old (blackberry) so the battery dies quick just having any app open so my phone is dead by morning after I fall asleep so it would also be useful to have the app quit entirely after the timer runs out but that is probably not something most would find useful.
saintjohnny

New postby JayAaroBe on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Sorry, that logic doesn't fly. When something is bad, someone can always think of a scenario that could be worse.

There is simply no reason to bury the sleep timer deep in the menus. It's quite simple. I bet it would take a few minutes to fix it.
JayAaroBe

New postby rlegan on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:18 am

Perhaps, as a modification of this feature request, maybe the text box that comes up and says that the player was paused by the sleep timer could have a delay-snooze button that would
1. Set the sleep timer to play for some additional amount of time
2. Continue the paused podcast.

The difficulty for me in finding the sleep timer setting comes when I'm half asleep trying to set another sleep timer because I didn't fall to sleep as soon as I expected.

Thanks in advance.
Randy
rlegan

New postby JayAaroBe on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:28 pm

rlegan,

I have that same problem that you described; your suggestion is a good one and they should add that too. But that still doesn't mean the sleep timer should be buried in the first place. I'm surprised that such a simple feature would not be implemented after all this time. :(
JayAaroBe

Return to Feature requests