Desktop downloader enhancement

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Desktop downloader enhancement

New postby Jeff on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Would it be possible for the desktop downloader to somehow get the list of new podcasts after podtrapper updates, then download them directly to your computer in a TEMP folder or something, and then transfer the podcast over to your device? This may speed up the process as now it seems to download slow even over 10mbit connection?
Also what about making the desktop downloader load onto the microsd card and then launch whenever you connect the Blackberry to a computer, much like the Slacker Internet radio does the cacheing? Not super important but it would be handy to be able to just hook my blackberry up to a friends computer when Im away for extended periods of time and update my podcasts. Just a thought.

Jeff
Jeff

Re: Desktop downloader enhancement

New postby marwatk on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:34 am

Chances are, depending on your blackberry, it's the USB connection that's the bottleneck. My curve can't saturate even my home cable connection when transferring (some blackberries are better than others).

I do like the idea of storing it on the SD card, though, I'll definitely look into that.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests