Feature: Signal Android to update Android Media Database aft

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: Signal Android to update Android Media Database aft

New postby Feature Bot on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:37 pm

User rlegan submitted the following feature request:

Signal Android to update Android Media Database after download completion

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Signal Android to update Android Media Database after downlo

New postby rlegan on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:37 pm

I am experimenting with iMediaShare Lite and Skifta which are DLNA server apps which allow me to play video and audio podcasts on my TV. After setting Show files in Media Player this is working pretty well for me. The only problem is that these apps use the Android Media Database to retrieve the data about videos/mp3 on my phone. If podtrapper downloads a podcast, the database is not updated and the podcast is not available to these types of media players. The only way that I can get these apps to see the newly downloaded podcasts is to re-boot my phone. I can't find any app that will trigger a rebuild/update.

I don't know if Android offers an Update Media Database event API, but if it does could podtrapper notify the media database when the SHow Files in Media Player option is Yes and a download session completes which has downloaded a podcast file? That way the newly downloaded podcast would be available to media players who depend on the Android Media Database.

Thanks,
Randy
rlegan

Return to Feature requests