Option to 'playall'

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Option to 'playall'

New postby JHay on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:13 am

Again, apologies if this has been mentioned before, but it would be nice to have a "playall" feature. More specifically, if you look at the Media Player as an example, if you play the first song in an album list, it will continue playing the songs in that folder/album until it hits the last one. If I play the first podcast in a feed, then put my Blackberry in my pocket, it would be nice if it continued to play all podcasts in that feed automatically. Or a setting/option to enable/disable this would be nice. Just a thought...
JHay

Re: Option to 'playall'

New postby TDick on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:11 am

I totally agree. The option to sort the podcasts in order form Oldest to newest is perfect to start with something old and play until you catch up. One thing to consider is sometimes at the end of a podcast there is advertising or just closing music. If you advance the track to the end to ensure it is marked as 100% played then it needs to still continue to the next track. I would not want it to hit the last podcast then loop back to the top of the list and start playing again.
TDick

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi guys,

You can do a lot of this with the playlist stuff now, (though I'll add an 'add all episodes to playlist' from that screen). Have you looked at that functionality?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby JHay on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:24 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that I have to add each podcast to the playlist individually. I have no option to say "add every podcast from this particular feed to the playlist".

Also - sometimes I don't want to mix and match podcasts in my playlist. It gets messy if I want to listen to podcasts 1 through 10 from feed A, but then, say, midway through I decide to listen to podcasts 1 through 10 from feed B. If I were to do this via playlists, I'd have to manage/clear/add/delete/etc...otherwise I would still have podcasts 6-10 from Feed A that I no longer wish to listen to. I was just envisioning a way to start playing all podcasts from a Feed A (once you start playing a podcast), then if I click on a podcast in Feed B, it would play all podcasts from that feed, getting rid of any reference to Feed A. Kinda like how it works in the media player.

Anyway, as you can tell I'm incredibly lazy :D Obviously all of this stuff is low priority....
JHay

Return to Feature requests