Remember position after device reset

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Remember position after device reset

New postby edzzik on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:04 pm

Hey,

A great feature would be to remember the podcast position after a device reset, since those are unavoidable from time to time.
edzzik

Re: Remember position after device reset

New postby marwatk on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Hi Ed,

It should already do that, though to save your flash memory and battery the position is only saved to flash every few minutes (since saving something on blackberry requires saving almost everything). I could add functionality to save that more frequently, but it may impact battery life, so I'll look into it and let you know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby edzzik on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:20 pm

Marcus,

This shouldn't really be about the interval. What I did was: play a podcast, pause it. Turn off/on BB, and the position was lost when I went back to play it. So really, it should remember the position on pause. (I am currently using the 1 gig internal memory that comes with the Bold, and not the flash card, if that helps. I will switch to using the card as soon as it arrives. )
edzzik

New postby marwatk on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi Ed,

How soon after you pause do you turn off the blackberry? Also, what do you mean by "turn off" (there are a couple of mechanisms for that, some of which I can capture and some I can't).

A temporary solution until I determine where it should be saving it that it's not would be to use the 'Exit' menu item in Podtrapper, that should force an immediate save to flash. (When I use 'flash' I just mean persistent storage, not any particular location).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby edzzik on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:12 am

In my opinion, saving the position on pause would be the best option. (Maybe in addition to saving at some set interval while playing)

-Ed
edzzik

Return to Feature requests