Quickly change settings for all podcasts

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Quickly change settings for all podcasts

New postby arkolbus on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 am

I'd like a way to quickly change the settings for all podcasts. Right now, it appears that the "Default Podcast Settings" are only applied to new feeds as they are added, not applied to all podcasts.

I subscribe to 37 podcasts. These podcasts have varying download and maintenance settings as I've experimented with the software and my listening habits. I'd like to standardize everything, but don't want to have to modify these settings by hand for each podcast.

There are a couple ways to do this. I'd prefer that I could only apply a single setting across all podcasts (update frequency, for example), rather than have the all of the podcast settings overwritten. I realize this may be complicated, though, so I'll accept a way to just apply the default podcast settings to all podcasts. I have a couple podcasts that would have a higher number to keep, but I can adjust those manually after standardizing everything else.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: Quickly change settings for all podcasts

New postby marwatk on Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:02 am

Thanks, I had this on the list before, but I'm not sure where it went. I'll see what I can do about making it easy to do.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby arkolbus on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:13 am

Thanks!
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby countstex on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:56 am

I've just been through my list, which is thankfully more manageable, but great to know this will be covered in the future.. it;s not often I remove a podcast form my list ;)
countstex

New postby arkolbus on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Seems to work great as implemented. This is actually more functionality than I expected. It's nice that you can select individual settings to apply, and which podcasts the settings get applied to!

I was a little confused on how to apply the settings from the screen, until I figured out it was the escape key. An on-screen button or menu item would be nice. I know it's a settings screen, but overwriting settings for a bunch of podcasts feels more like an action than a simple setting change.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby marwatk on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:43 am

Heh, there was supposed to be an 'Apply' menu item, but I forgot to actually link it to the screen :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests