Add RSS Feed from Desktop download

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Add RSS Feed from Desktop download

New postby whistleli on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Is it possible to add the podcast RSS feed from desktop downloader? It will be much convenient than to add in the blackberry.
whistleli

Re: Add RSS Feed from Desktop download

New postby arkolbus on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:28 am

whistleli wrote:Is it possible to add the podcast RSS feed from desktop downloader? It will be much convenient than to add in the blackberry.

See: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=369

Desktop downloader is only a sort of proxy/router for the app on the blackberry. Marcus doesn't seem too keen on adding functionality right now. Feature Vote and more requests here in the forum might change his mind, but it's hard to say.

For now, you're best bet is to email yourself the URL's. Remember, you can copy/paste a block of URL's into podtrapper (each URL on its own line), which saves a lot of time with a lot of feeds.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby kaediil on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:55 pm

Ok, so if not for the desktop, what about a mechanism to allow me to point podtrapper at a text file that I loaded onto my device and have it parse the rss feeds from there?

-frank
kaediil

New postby marwatk on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Hi frank,

The manual add screen allows you to paste as many feeds in as you want (separated by any whitespace). So while you can't import from a file, it makes it really easy to email yourself a list and copy and paste them all in one go.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests