Reorder Playlist

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Reorder Playlist

New postby Eric123 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Just a quick suggestion: A quick way to reorder items in the playlist. This can be achieved by highlighting an item in the playlist, clicking the menu button and selecting either "Move Up" or "Move Down". I am currently using the playlist ordering system on new episodes, but sometimes I just want to listen to them in a different order.
Eric123

Re: Reorder Playlist

New postby marwatk on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:26 am

Hi Eric,

I can add something to more them up or down, but keep in mind that if you're using the auto-sort feature that will get wiped out the next time an episode is added.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby vicicasas on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:42 am

I'm with Eric on this one.

Auto-sort is great but I find myself jumping around the playlist while in the car depending on what I feel like listening to. Would it be possible to override the auto-sort and create an iPodish "On-The-Go" mode?

I'd like to see a "Move" option (doesn't need to be "Up" or "Down") similar to the way you can reorder wifi hotspot priority in the Blackberry system - just select a podcast, click "Move" to toggle and make it sticky and "grab" it, and then scroll up or down until you find the desired spot on the playlist and then click again to "drop" it.
vicicasas

New postby marwatk on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi guys, when you're doing stuff like this, is it generally just one episode you want to hear right now? Or are you thinking you'll actually be resorting a lot of them?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby vicicasas on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:32 pm

Definitely resorting. For my 30 minute commute I'd like to be able to drag 30 minutes of whatever I feel like listening to to the top of the queue :D
vicicasas

New postby marwatk on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:57 pm

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

For now it's worth noting that (as of 2.0.2) you can hit space on any podcast in the playlist to put it at the very top of the list and requeue whatever is currently playing.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby vicicasas on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Hey cool, Marcus, thanks for this. I've tried 2.0.2 out and I must say the new spacebar functionality is awesome.
vicicasas

Return to Feature requests