please add per-podcast download priority

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

please add per-podcast download priority

New postby Schnitty on Fri May 15, 2009 3:06 pm

i love love love the view order and playback priority settings that you can set per podcast so that they playback in the order you prefer.

however, this does not appear to translate to download order, and my highest priority podcasts are now repeatedly shoved to the bottom of my download queue, making me very :(

can you add a priority for downloads (or make it match the playback priority)?
BlackBerry 8900 (AT&T) - OS 5.0.0.592
PodTrapper 2.6.9
Schnitty

Re: please add per-podcast download priority

New postby marwatk on Fri May 15, 2009 7:38 pm

This is actually on my todo list, I should have it this weekend or so.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Schnitty on Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:26 am

i just read thru the updates in the latest version - bravo! i'm going to try to upgrade tonight! (and use the "backup/restore" option when i do!)

i'm still seeing spontaneous lockups / black screen / reboots. I'll try the new version to see if they go away, but is there anything more i can do to help you troubleshoot those? they seem to mostly happen during downloading, but it is inconsistent. yesterday, i plugged it in (i have it set to only download when charging) and it immediately hung. this morning i drove to work listening over bt stereo while downloading the whole time and deleting old episodes, and no issues the whole way to work. <sigh>

i must say tho - this product has changed my entire commute, and even my free time outside of work. i'm extremely grateful - i'm in the process of trying to get the wife to buy it also :)

question - i have a registered copy. is there any reason that i should consider switching to download the new version from appworld instead of your OTA server?
BlackBerry 8900 (AT&T) - OS 5.0.0.592
PodTrapper 2.6.9
Schnitty

New postby marwatk on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Lockups are generally the media player or radio acting up. What model are you on again?

No, the app world and ota versions are identical. The mobihand version only differs in the URL it gives you to register if you're on a trial. All of them will notify you of updates, though.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests