I wish...

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

I wish...

New postby diffused on Sun May 24, 2009 1:20 pm

I wish there could be such thing as 'PodTrapper Light'.
Honestly, I have been silently watching in the background and subscribing to every post and thread. I'm trying to learn as much as possible(which I am), but I think you lost me about 10 upgrades ago. Remember I am on 4.3 OS, so I am assuming most of my problems are because of that. I would try to upgrade except we are on dialup here, so...
It's just getting so confusing with all of these features that neither me nor my blackberry can handle it.
So, would you recommend I go back to one of the old, older versions to get something that was more robust with fewer crashes, etc.? Or should I wait out the Beta stages?
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

Re: I wish...

New postby arkolbus on Sun May 24, 2009 2:23 pm

Betas are always risky. If a beta doesn't add anything new that you're dying to have, then I'd avoid it. That being said, 2.0.9 seems pretty stable with no show-stopping errors, and there are a lot of nice new features. The only problem unsolved is the IllegalArgument/null error I've been experiencing, which is only an annoyance (no crashes).

Even some of the older stable releases aren't perfect. I'd install 2.0.9, then stick with full releases in future.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby marwatk on Sun May 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Hey diffused,

The biggest thing you can do to improve PT is disable the thumbnails. They're going to cause 99% of the issues (which are themselves usually caused by memory issues).

Other than that, while there have been a lot of new features and they'll always introduce bugs, none of the new stuff should impact performance at all (other than the aforementioned thumbnail stuff). Actually, as PodTrapper ages I'm in generally pulling out more code than I'm adding (or at least close to it), and refactoring to make it more reliable.

So, in the end, you should get both more features and more reliability (at least when the features calm down :) ).

Finally, after having said all that, you can definitely grab older versions, but pretty much all of them have a bug here or there. Let me know if there's a specific version you want to go back to (1.8.6 and 1.7.2 are the only ones I'd recommend).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Sun May 24, 2009 2:57 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Marcus. Your always so good to your customers. I'll let you know of any changes. Thanks again.
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

Return to Feature requests