"Recently Played" screen

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

"Recently Played" screen

New postby arkolbus on Mon May 25, 2009 1:24 pm

It would be nice if there were a "Recently Played" screen, that would show a list of the last few completed/deleted episodes. I run PT with auto-delete on, since I listen to a lot of podcasts and don't want to have to manually delete files. Occasionally I listen to an episode that I'd like to share or listen to again, so it would be nice to be able to quickly look at a list of recently played episodes, find it, and mark it for redownload. This would also come in handy in the case of the bug I just posted, where the episodes are somehow getting deleted before I've completely listened to them.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: "Recently Played" screen

New postby marwatk on Mon May 25, 2009 5:40 pm

I can likely add this, but it would only work for the duration of PT running, is that ok? (I don't want to store another value in flash if I can avoid it).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby arkolbus on Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 pm

marwatk wrote:I can likely add this, but it would only work for the duration of PT running, is that ok? (I don't want to store another value in flash if I can avoid it).

-Marcus

That's fine. I don't see any need for having this be stored from session to session.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby Russ on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:12 pm

Another vote for the recently played list. Possibly just keep the last couple of podcasts in the playlist or something?

Thanks,
Russ
Russ

New postby arkolbus on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Russ wrote:Another vote for the recently played list. Possibly just keep the last couple of podcasts in the playlist or something?

Thanks,
Russ

I've been noticing this very behavior recently. I should preface this with the fact that I stay in the playlist view during playback. After an episode is completed and deleted, sometimes it stays in the playlist until the playlist is "refreshed" by changing views and coming back to the playlist. I thought it was a bug until I saw this post. I never considered that it might be an implementation of the feature I'd requested.

Not sure if it's a bug or a feature. I'm still leaning towards bug, since it doesn't happen consistently, and sometimes cleans up on its own. It wouldn't be a great implementation of the feature, since it isn't persistent across changes of view, and wouldn't do anything for those who do their playback from another view.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby marwatk on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:49 pm

It's a bug :)

So you're not deleting the episode manually, it's just getting auto deleted? Looks like I must have missed a redraw somewhere.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: "Recently Played" screen - or RSS feed

New postby briantrease on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Instead of a "recently played screen", I'd like to generate a "recently played" RSS feed.

This would be great for loading into a blog or into Facebook. It would include the title, date listened, link to file, link to podcast, etc.

I could use it to go back and find info on podcasts I liked. It would also be great for sharing what you listen to!
briantrease

New postby marwatk on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:41 pm

briantrease wrote:Instead of a "recently played screen", I'd like to generate a "recently played" RSS feed.

This would be great for loading into a blog or into Facebook. It would include the title, date listened, link to file, link to podcast, etc.

I could use it to go back and find info on podcasts I liked. It would also be great for sharing what you listen to!

Hmm, not entirely impossible, I could have it publish the contents of the recently played screen every time it's updated to versatilemonkey.com if you choose to (via the settings) and show you what the URL for your feed is. I'll look into it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby briantrease on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:26 am

Alternatively, you could just update a txt file on my BB that I could access later on. Or, just send me an email after every listened podcast, with the info inside it...

And by the way, your receptiveness to new ideas is great!
briantrease

Return to Feature requests