Playback speed (for time compression)?

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Playback speed (for time compression)?

New postby emlarson on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi! I LOVE Podtrapper! Here's one of those "I'm sure it's not possible but it never hurts to ask" things: It'd be great to be able to speed up playback to shorten podcasts. (Some might want to slow them down for things like language study, too?) Not a dramatic range, but something similar to the Windows Media Player options. I didn't spot that mentioned here already (maybe I missed it?) and I realize it probably has some huge technical hurdles in its way... but it'd be nice!
emlarson

Re: Playback speed (for time compression)?

New postby marwatk on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Heh, I'd actually love to see this feature too. Unfortunately I (and as far as I know, all 3rd party players) use the internal media player to actually playback the files, so we're limited to the functionality it provides and adjusting playback speed isn't one of them :(

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Guest on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:31 am

Found this link on BlackBerry Developers site
http://www.blackberry.com/developers/do ... ntrol.html

Looks like it only applies to 4.6 code and above, so possibly a deal breaker, but I can wish

New postby marwatk on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:18 am

It's actually in the 4.2.1 docs as well here:
http://www.blackberry.com/developers/do ... ntrol.html

But it's actually part of the base J2ME spec and implementations (like the BB OS) are free to not implement it. As far as I know the BB OS doesn't, at least I've never seen it presented (I just checked in the Storm simulator [4.7] to be sure).

Personally I'd much rather see them make the media player more reliable, but rate control would be cool too. I'll take what I can get.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests