Flagging a podcast after listening to it

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Flagging a podcast after listening to it

New postby TKwok on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:50 pm

It would be handy to flag an episode after listening to it. This way, if I don't want to delete it but still want to know that I listened to it, an icon of some sort would let me know that it has been finished and that I should listen to the next one.

This feature would work well with my other feature request of being allowed to set the number of downloads per podcast. If I set a daily podcast to keep the last seven days around, this feature would let me know which ones I have listened to and which I have not. Ideally, the 8th oldest version would auto-delete when the newest episode is downloaded. That way, I don't ever have to worry about deleting podcasts AND I know which ones I have listened to already.
TKwok

Re: Flagging a podcast after listening to it

New postby marwatk on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi again,

Well, if I could make it work on your phone (I'm working on it feverishly), I'd be able to show you that one of them is in place already :)

When viewing a list of episodes, the listened percentage is always displayed, so you know how much you've listed to that podcast (even after the file has been deleted, I think, maybe not, I'll have to check).

Also, in the 'Edit Podcast' menu item, the "Unfinished number to keep" limits how many are downloaded at a time, and old ones get deleted but are still available via the "Show/Hide deleted" menu item until they are removed from the podcast rss (which generally means they aren't available for download anyway).

So hopefully when I get it working on your phone we can revisit these and make sure that it's doing both for you :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests