Feature: Don't overwrite downloaded podcasts

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: Don't overwrite downloaded podcasts

New postby Feature Bot on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:29 am

User cadzilla74 submitted the following feature request:

Don't overwrite downloaded podcasts

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Don't overwrite downloaded podcasts

New postby cadzilla74 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:29 am

Scenario: I have elected to keep 4 episodes of each subscribed podcast/vodcast. But I often only listen to podcasts at work and have to view vodcasts at home.

When I stop listening for a while PodTrapper DL Manager wakes up and starts downloading new episodes. But in many cases it downloads episodes of newer vodcasts and deletes older ones that have not been viewed yet. I know I can set it to keep more than 4 episodes, but what I really want it to do is backfill the podcasts I just listened to that have newer episodes waiting and NOT download newer episodes of anything else unless there is an open slot of the designated 4 slots available to put it in.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

Re: Feature: Don't overwrite downloaded podcasts

New postby marwatk on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Good idea for a setting. You can kind-of get this now, if you set it to 4 for 'to-keep', but zero for 'auto-download'. Then set the setting to grab more on-delete. Finally, you can download a set of 4, and every time you delete one it will grab another. Though I'm not sure which it will grab. Let me know, I'm curious (you'd think I would know, but that part is actually pretty complicated).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Feature: Don't overwrite downloaded podcasts

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Thanks Marcus. I like the settings suggestions. That might just fit the bill for me.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

Feature Update

New postby Feature Bot on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Feature updated by marwatk:
Status changed to Complete
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

Feature Update

New postby marwatk on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:19 pm

This can now be accomplished by manipulating the new settings for auto-download and download order. Let me know if it's not. (In version 2.2.0 going out today).
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests