Aerize Alerts bug/feature request

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Aerize Alerts bug/feature request

New postby gahoo on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:49 pm

First, amazing application. Fills a major void with my storm. Will be purchasing as soon as trial runs out without question.

As for my bug/feature request, when Aerize Alerts pop up, the playing podcast stops and does not restart. I know this was an issue with calls (and I read fixed), but now whenever I get an email I have to restart a podcast. If you are not familiar with Aerize Alerts, basically its a pop-up that gives a short preview of emails/sms while you are looking at something else. So, for example, it allows me to remain in podtrapper (or anything else) and still see who just sent me an email. Problem really comes when I am listening to a podcast, BB is in pocket, and an email comes in and then I am forced to get BB out and restart podcast.

Best case fix would probably be to pass along the new email notification sound (i.e. short ping) and go right back to the podcast.

Thanks again for terrific app!
gahoo

Re: Aerize Alerts bug/feature request

New postby ammonsd on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:01 am

Podtrapper does not restart after the short ping notification, so that won't help you.
ammonsd

Re: Aerize Alerts bug/feature request

New postby marwatk on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:05 pm

Yeah, I was hoping the API I'm using for detecting alerts would work on everyone's phone, but apparently it doesn't. This weekend it'll be back to the drawing board on that, and hopefully I'll have a better solution.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests