Version 1.3.0 Released!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

Version 1.3.0 Released!

New postby marwatk on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi all,

Major features in this release. The two major ones are:

File browser mode
File browser mode lets Podtrapper play any media on your device (audio books, large videos [sort of]), and retain all the functionality from podtrapper such as bookmarking. It's a first attempt at it, so let me know if it works or doesn't work for you.

Chunked downloading
Most carriers limit OTA file downloads to 5mb or less, and all BES/BIS servers do. Podtrapper now supports breaking the file up into smaller pieces to bypass these limitations. OTA downloading should now work for everyone for most podcasts. Note that some podcast servers don't support this method of downloading, and for those it will still be necessary to download them over Wifi or Desktop.

Not so major but helpful is the ability to select where the audio is output to (bluetooth, handset, etc).

The complete list is here:
  • Chunked downloading to get around BES, BIS and TCP download size limitations, OTA downloading for all! Note, some podcast servers won't support this, so those will need to be downloaded via desktop or wifi still
  • Files that have played can't be deleted (bold) forum post
  • Fixed: Storm 'battery low' bug (Storm doesn't update battery status on its own to tell Podtrapper that it's charged)
  • Fixed majorish issue on OS 4.2.1 where only the first podcast played would play
  • File browser mode for playing/bookmarking any file on the device forum post
  • Add setting for output to bluetooth headset and other output methods (see 'Select output' on the playback screen menu)
  • Significant changes to playback code, should fix issues some users are having with playback

I've also updated my todo list on the Main page for anyone interested.

Let me know if anyone has any issues with the new version.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements