HoneyDew release and major bug

New Apps, versions, features, etc

HoneyDew release and major bug

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi all, well, it finally happened. Some massive crazy bug that will impact everyone. Ouch.

I'm in the process of sending out this email to everyone that has registered, and the registration emails also include similar text:
Dear HoneyDew user,

Due to an error on my part, versions of HoneyDew prior to 1.0.12 have a bug that prevents registration from working properly. Registration will appear to work, but after what would have been a normal trial period elapses HoneyDew will expire anyway, regardless of registration. This should have been caught in testing, and I sincerely apologize that it wasn't.

To prevent this, please upgrade to version 1.0.12 or later. You can check your HoneyDew version on the 'About' screen in the menu when viewing your lists. It doesn't have to be done immediately, HoneyDew will continue to work normally until 30 days after you first installed it.

To upgrade, please visit the following site in your BlackBerry browser:
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/honeydew/

Click the appropriate link for your OS version. You can install directly over the old version, there's no need to uninstall first.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any issues.

Marcus Watkins
VersatileMonkey.com

That'll teach me to have a beta period shorter than the trial period, I suppose. I only discovered it because some users had installed HoneyDew prior to setting their time properly. Would have been nightmarish had I not discovered it until hundreds of people started seeing it.

There are a few other features in the latest release, too:
* Fixed issue where registration wouldn't work if trial had expired
Version 1.0.10 (August 26, 2009)
* Fixed enter key truncating category when choosing from list
* Added help menu item
* Added settings menu to add screen
Version 1.0.9 (August 24, 2009)
* Fixed minor issue where unnecessary sync messages would be sent in rare situations
Version 1.0.8 (August 21, 2009)
* Allow to purge categories and individual items
Version 1.0.7 (August 21, 2009)
* Fixed issue running without email addresses
Version 1.0.5 (August 21, 2009)
* Fixed issue syncing old items
* Added logging to track down issue on 4.6 devices
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements