MP3 playback regardless of if podcast or not

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

MP3 playback regardless of if podcast or not

New postby Tkwok on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:51 pm

It would be great if you can just drop MP3 files (e.g. audiobooks) into a folder on the SD card and then have them show up in the listing as a file that can be played.

Also, is there any way to let the end user manually create a "bookmark" to go back to any specific bookmarked position in an audio file?
Tkwok

Re: MP3 playback regardless of if podcast or not

New postby marwatk on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I've put both on my todo list and will get them implemented as soon as I solve the OTA issues.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby DjDevNull on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:17 am

Yes please! I'd love to be able to bookmark podcasts and audio books :-D
DjDevNull

New postby marwatk on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that this is in the latest version (1.3.0). Download it at http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby DragonMama on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:11 pm

it looks like the software only does automatic bookmarks. Sometimes I listen to audiobooks while I'm drowsy and I'd like to be able to insert a manual bookmark as I'm starting to drift off so that I can easily find my place again later when I'm alert again. Is this possible? I appreciate at least having the autobookmarking available as I've been searching all over for an audio player for my bberry (flip) that can do it and your product seems the only one that is stable on my phone so far. Just started using it today, not the most user-friendly piece of software I've ever seen but interesting functionality. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces more in the coming days.
DragonMama

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi DrangonMama,

Multiple bookmarks are on the todo list but haven't made it in yet. Hopefully soon.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ximinez on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:11 pm

marwatk wrote:Hi all, just wanted to let you know that this is in the latest version (1.3.0). Download it at http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/

-Marcus

Hi, I'm new, both to using Podtrapper, and Blackberry in general, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. How do I get this to work?

I'd really like to be able to drop the mp3 podcast files into a directory and have them "automagically" be added to my Podtrapper play list. I tried dropping some mp3s into BlackBerry\podtrapper, but no joy.

By way of background, Verizon Curve 8330, with OS version 4.5. I installed prerelease version 1.8.0 this afternoon.
ximinez

New postby marwatk on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi ximinez,

Adding to the playlist automagically is a good idea, I'll add that one to the todo list.

Right now you can browse to any file on the device via the 'File Playback' item at the very top of PodTrapper's main screen, click it just like you would a podcast. They should work just like Podcasts, for the most part, except they may be a couple levels deep. They can be added to your playlist just like episodes can be, or played directly from their folders.

Let me know if you need more explanation.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ximinez on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:14 pm

marwatk wrote:Adding to the playlist automagically is a good idea, I'll add that one to the todo list.

Oh, I think I misunderstood the earlier part of the thread. I thought it already did that. Oops. :) ...It would be cool though.

marwatk wrote:Right now you can browse to any file on the device via the 'File Playback' item at the very top of PodTrapper's main screen, click it just like you would a podcast. They should work just like Podcasts, for the most part, except they may be a couple levels deep. They can be added to your playlist just like episodes can be, or played directly from their folders.

I got that working. Thanks.
ximinez

Return to Feature requests