Blackberry Storm

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Blackberry Storm

New postby Docicee on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:09 pm

I just d/l the app so far it seems to due the job.

Due to touch nature the play/pause/ffw/rew are too close together and hard to select

I can't wait to dive deeper into it, and see what cool options it might have...

Thanks for the app

Doc
Docicee

Re: Blackberry Storm

New postby marwatk on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi Docicee,

Thanks for the heads up on the storm. I'll make a modification to it in the next day or two to fix that for those of you on your new fancy touch screen berrys :P

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby marwatk on Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi Docicee,

I updated the layout of those icons, I don't have a storm to test with, can you let me know if the new layout is still difficult to use with it?

Thanks,
Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby StormDoc on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:50 am

concerning the Storm, would be very helpful to modify several things:
1) needs to work like other Storm apps and go into landscape mode, very difficult to enter URL's in portrait mode with SureType keyboard
2) when in portrait mode (only way it is today) the keyboard takes up 1/2 the screen and can't remove, again Storm specific issue, be nice if could utilize the full screen. I did "Disable Compatibility Mode" but made no difference . . .
3) by allowing this, suggest making the fonts and buttons even larger to utilize the space, they are still quite difficult to select

Just download last night, so don't have a lot of experience with it yet, but LOVE the idea behind the app, as podcast's are all I listen to, especially in the car . ..

Be happy to beta test for you as well . . .
StormDoc

New postby WarER4X on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 pm

StormDoc wrote:concerning the Storm, would be very helpful to modify several things:
1) needs to work like other Storm apps and go into landscape mode, very difficult to enter URL's in portrait mode with SureType keyboard
2) when in portrait mode (only way it is today) the keyboard takes up 1/2 the screen and can't remove, again Storm specific issue, be nice if could utilize the full screen. I did "Disable Compatibility Mode" but made no difference . . .
3) by allowing this, suggest making the fonts and buttons even larger to utilize the space, they are still quite difficult to select

Just download last night, so don't have a lot of experience with it yet, but LOVE the idea behind the app, as podcast's are all I listen to, especially in the car . ..

Be happy to beta test for you as well . . .

StormDoc,

I disabled Compatibility Mode for Podtrapper on my Storm, too, and works in full touch screen glory now. Not sure why yours isn't. Did you try a reboot, perhaps?

-SR-
WarER4X

New postby WarER4X on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:03 pm

My Storm-specific suggestion would be to utilize the multi-touch selecting ability of the Storm to allow a user to select multiple episodes in a play list. This would make it easier to delete a large chunk of episodes without actually deleting every episode back to the beginning of time (like what "Delete Prior" does).

Another nice feature would be the ability to scroll to a point in the episode by the slide of a finger on the progress bar (of course, the progress bar would have to be bigger). This feature would work for trackball BlackBerries, too.

-SR-
WarER4X

New postby blondarb on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:59 am

I just downloaded this on my storm. It looks like a wonderful app. I am very excited to have more time to play with it. i would love to see slightly bigger buttons for easier use. also, i am curious. if my storm is in bedside mode and podtrapper is set to download links only if plugged in, will my podcasts be downloaded overnight? this would be wonderful. I will continue playing with the beta for a few days, but i look forward to purchasing it.
blondarb

New postby marwatk on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:46 am

blondarb wrote:I just downloaded this on my storm. It looks like a wonderful app. I am very excited to have more time to play with it. i would love to see slightly bigger buttons for easier use. also, i am curious. if my storm is in bedside mode and podtrapper is set to download links only if plugged in, will my podcasts be downloaded overnight? this would be wonderful. I will continue playing with the beta for a few days, but i look forward to purchasing it.

Hi blondarb,

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with bedside mode, is it something new to the storm? I'm not entirely sure if it would download podcasts in that mode, but I'd be very interested to hear if it does in your case. If you can give me the steps that you take to go into bedside mode I can probably find it in the manual and see what the blackberry is capable of while in it.

Let me know,

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby blondarb on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:16 pm

Bedside mode is a thing the storm does when plugged in. There are a few options including no LED, no radio, show clock. now that I am playing a little more with it i think podtrapper is still downloading while the phone is in bedside mode. again i want to say thanks for this app. it is great! you are right it seems to generally "just work".
blondarb

New postby marwatk on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Glad to hear it, blondarb. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see added or fixed...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby hoshposh on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Hi,

I would like to reiterate what a great application this is.

My suggestion for improved usability on the Storm, would be to provide larger control buttons for pausing rewind etc. Also, it would be greaqt to have a context menu that comes up if I press the menu key while I am playing a podcast episode. The context menu could have playback control options to pause, rewind, etc.

I have seen a similar capability in other applications.

Cheers,
-Lyndon-
hoshposh

New postby marwatk on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi Lyndon,

FYI, larger icons are coming in 1.5.5 due out tomorrow.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Shawn on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Looks like 1.5.5 just dropped at CrackBerry.com. Marcus, thanks for the quick updates. This is Shawn from http://blog.JavaDevelop.com. Y'all can expect an updated review with 1.5.5 for the Storm on the blog sometime soon.

Best,
Shawn
Shawn

Return to Feature requests