Easier way to change podcast playback priorities

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Easier way to change podcast playback priorities

New postby ScanAmerica on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:14 pm

It would be nice if there were an easier way to change the playback priorities of all subscribed to podcasts.

Right now, to change how the playlist is built if I choose Add Episodes I might have to edit several podcasts to get the ordering I want, it would be nice it I could change the order in a more visual way.

One way I thought of to do this is to, when a menu item is selected, display a list of the podcasts the user has subscribed to with them sorted by their playback priorities. Allow the user to select a podcast from the list (by clicking on it) and then allow them to scroll up and down to move the position of the selected playlist in the list. When the user selects Save on this screen, PodTrapper would assign new playback priorities to each of the podcasts, maybe giving the first podcast in the list a value of 3, the next one a 5, the next one a 7, etc. I'm thinking this could operate the same way the WiFi Profiles area allows you to choose which WiFi network you would like the BlackBerry to connect to when more than one is in range.

Another nice to have would be to implement this same idea to allow the user to manually change the order of episodes in the playlist after the playlist has been built using Add Episodes.

Thanks,
Gordon
ScanAmerica

Re: Easier way to change podcast playback priorities

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi Gordon,

This isn't a bad idea, I'll add it to the list...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Easier way to change podcast playback priorities

New postby countstex on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:06 am

I was just about to suggest something just like this, glad I'm not alone. I was thinking of just ordering the main podcast list by priority, or maybe Playlist/Priority so at least you could visually see the order you have set. Right now it's a little difficult to remember which podcast is set to which priority, and there fore what to set something to to get it to a certain position.
countstex

Return to Feature requests