save this podcast as.... or even "email this podcast"

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

save this podcast as.... or even "email this podcast"

New postby mrcoyote on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:14 pm

in the listening to section of a particular podcast item, please let us 'save this podcast' where we can give the file a real filename and even move the file to the video/audio directory on the bb instead of the podtrapper one.

As a 2nd idea, I saw the recent release that lets you share a podcast feed which is great, but what about letting us 'share/email' one particular entry. for me, certain items I'd like to save, at least with this, i can email the specific article of interest and download the feed on my computer.
mrcoyote

Re: save this podcast as.... or even "email this podcast"

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:36 pm

The first one is on my list already, I just added the second. Keep an eye on the releases, these should be pretty easy to do.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby countstex on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:55 am

If I may hijack slightly, since I saw the email suggestion was implimented in the latest release.. any chance of a 'Twitter This' option? Thus mid listen I can post about a cast to Twitter.. might require a bit of work as an URL shortener would probably be needed.. in which case I favour allowing us to select one as I like bit.ly via it's API personally, but everyone will be different.. probably a lot more work involved that the email...
countstex

New postby marwatk on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Heh, I'll add it to the list, but don't hold your breath ;) This would probably make for a good headline, though :) "PodTrapper now has twitter support", heh.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests