Settings per podcast

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Settings per podcast

New postby TKwok on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:45 pm

It would be nice to be able to set parameters for each podcast. For example, setting the maximum number of versions would be a nice feature. If I listen to a daily podcast, it would be great to tell the software to download the last 7 versions so that I always have the past week's on hand. If it is a weekly podcast, I might set this to download the last 2 versions to save on space.
TKwok

Re: Settings per podcast

New postby marwatk on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi TKwok,

You should be able to accomplish this by going to 'Edit podcast' from the main screen and adjusting "Unfinished number to keep". The max to auto download feature is for podcasts that do bulk updates (Real time with Bill Maher is like this). They will sometimes push out 3-5 episodes all at once. For daily podcasts it should keep downloading all the new ones, deleting the ones that are older than the setting for "Unfinished number to keep". Also, it will delete any that are totally listened to before deleting any that haven't been listened to keep under the "unfinished" number.

Let me know if this isn't what you had in mind.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby edzzik on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Marcus,

It does behave the way you describe, however it does not clean up the podcast history. So even though it deleting the actual files, the podcast episodes remain. Is there any way to have it automatically only show those episodes that are avalable for playback?

-Ed
edzzik

New postby marwatk on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi Ed,

Not at the moment, but I can add a setting to do that. I'll add it to the todo list.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby marwatk on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:05 am

Hi Ed,

I just wanted to let you know that the newest version (1.1.2) has an option to default to only displaying podcasts that are ready to listen to. Check it out and let me know if that's what you were after...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby edzzik on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:23 pm

Perfect! Just checked it out. Makes the display look much neater. Can't wait for all the other improvements. I've been recommending this app to everyone I know with a BB. :D
edzzik

Return to Feature requests