OS Upgrade (props!)

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

OS Upgrade (props!)

New postby snowmangoh on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:31 pm

I have a TON of applications on my phone and out off ALL of them, PodTrapper is the ONLY one I didn't have to register again after updating! One of the apps I use is RDM+ (which is a $40 application), and not only did I have to re-register, I had to send an email to thier support team to get my code to work again! Just thought I'd drop a little love your way on this! Thanks!
snowmangoh

Re: OS Upgrade (props!)

New postby marwatk on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:43 pm

Heh, thanks!

Though it doesn't always go so smoothly, trust me. It's actually a crap shoot as to whether the OS keeps an apps data around or not. (Though podtrapper is always making backups). The newest betas will actually tell you if it came up without data but you have backups available.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: OS Upgrade (props!)

New postby arkolbus on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:41 pm

When VZW released .138 for the Curve a few weeks ago, I had the same great upgrade experience. Was running one of the PT betas, and it prompted me to restore (there was even an option to choose from which version of PT to restore)! It was a pain looking up all my registration codes for my other apps, but PT handled it with the backup.

PT works great on a day-to-day basis, and for most that would be enough. It's really nice to see Marcus working hard to take care of the little things, too.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Return to General Discussion