headset button/pause

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

headset button/pause

New postby hunberry on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Using the headset's mute button for pausing a podcast would be nice.
On my Blackberry Curve 8320 the headset button pauses the media player.
For PodTrapper the phone's built in mute button works as pause, but not the headset button.

Hunberry
hunberry

Re: headset button/pause

New postby marwatk on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi hunberry,

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to do that (I wanted to do this initially). RIM limits what third party applications can do compared to built in apps (For example, I can't see if the mute button is pressed if my app doesn't have focus). This is one that may have a solution that I just haven't found, though, so I'll let you know if I find something.

Thanks for the suggestions!

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby hunberry on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi Marcus,

I know about the proprietary issues with RIM
and I appreciate all you did so far.

I just paid for the software, and I will post a note on crackberry.com,
so that people become aware of this much needed software.

I can't believe so many other applications are still not using wifi.

Hunberry
hunberry

New postby JHAY on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:10 am

Similar question: is it possible to control the volume when Podtrapper has lost focus? For example, while playing a podcast I found that when doing other things, i.e. browsing the web or looking at photos, the volume controls don't work. Or is this something RIM limits? It would also be great to be able to skip to the next podcast (similar to the way the blackberry media player works) by pressing volume up twice.
JHAY

New postby ag5bpilot on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 am

JHAY wrote:Similar question: is it possible to control the volume when Podtrapper has lost focus? For example, while playing a podcast I found that when doing other things, i.e. browsing the web or looking at photos, the volume controls don't work. Or is this something RIM limits? It would also be great to be able to skip to the next podcast (similar to the way the blackberry media player works) by pressing volume up twice.

On my Blackberry (a Storm running 4.7.0.75), if Podtrapper does NOT have focus, the volume controls DO work but the pause button does NOT. If Podtrapper DOES have focus, then both the volume controls and the pause button work.
Mike
ag5bpilot

New postby marwatk on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:02 pm

On my Blackberry (a Storm running 4.7.0.75), if Podtrapper does NOT have focus, the volume controls DO work but the pause button does NOT. If Podtrapper DOES have focus, then both the volume controls and the pause button work.

Interesting hearing that they're finally changing the behavior of the volume. I'll have to look into whether they allow for other control in 4.7 (though I doubt it).

Similar question: is it possible to control the volume when Podtrapper has lost focus?

Unfortunately no, RIM prevents 3rd party applications from receiving key events when the application is out of focus.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests