Auto-download settings

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Auto-download settings

New postby trombs on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi,
On my Storm, I have two of my three podcasts set to auto-download "0" episodes, but whenever I start up Podtrapper, it starts downloading episodes from these podcasts. Am I misunderstanding what auto-download settings do? I want to set these two podcasts to never download episodes automatically. I'm running 1.5.11.

Cheers.
trombs

Re: Auto-download settings

New postby marwatk on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi trombs,

That's probably a bug. I'll take a look at it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby trombs on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Cheers. For what it's worth it would be nice to have an explicit option to turn on or off auto downloads per podcast. Yes you can do this by setting the number to zero but an explicit on/off might be a little easier to understand. Just a thought.
trombs

New postby ammonsd on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:01 am

I tried setting the "Update Frequency" to Manual to suspend a Podcast, but that did not work either.
ammonsd

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi guys,

All of these bugs should be fixed in 1.6.0 available on the prerelease site http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/prerelease/

Wanna check it out and let me know?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby trombs on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi Marcus,
I had 1.5.11 set to have downloads disabled. I installing 1.6, rebooted, and turned downloads back on. The two podcasts that are set to auto-download "0" started downloading right away, so I don't think the problem is fixed. I checked the settings for both and confirmed that they're set to auto-download "0". Would logs be helpful?

Thanks,
Brian
trombs

New postby marwatk on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi Brian,

The episodes are tagged as soon as they are discovered, so even though downloads were disabled, they were still marked for download. So, only new episodes found after installing 1.6.0 will be 'fixed'. Can you let me know if it continues to not work when new episodes are found after installing 1.6.0?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby trombs on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Ok, I'll try that. I canceled several that were in progress (and had a program error in between). It'll probably take a few days to get you a definitive answer, as the podcasts I have don't update every day.

(BTW, it's incredibly difficult to select "Yes" to any confirmation dialogs on Podtrapper on the Storm. You probably already know about that, but thought I'd mention it.)
trombs

New postby marwatk on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi trombs,

Are you running with compatibility mode disabled? I was under the impression that disabling compatabilty mode fixed that. Let me know, since that's an easy thing to fix if it doesn't.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby trombs on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:48 pm

You're right; disabling compatibility mode fixes the "yes" selection problem.

I'm having a hard time telling whether the fix for auto-download is working or not. For the two podcasts that are set to "0", per your earlier instructions, I canceled the downloads that tried to start automatically. However, every time I restart Podtrapper, it goes back and tries to download those same episodes again. Do I need to delete all previous episodes rather than canceling them?
trombs

New postby marwatk on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Hi trombs,

It wasn't working properly, it was actually inverting what was asked. It should actually work now in 1.6.2 :)

Crap, though now that I think about it, I'm not sure cancelling a download marks it to not download at all (I think it just cancels it for the moment). It should mark it to not download, I'll add it to the todo list. <sigh> :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby trombs on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:01 am

I really appreciate your hard work on this. It's a cool app!
trombs

Return to Bugs and help