Bug hunt ended!

Bug hunt ended!

New postby marwatk on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm getting pretty close to release, so I'm not going to have time to manage the tracking of bug reports very well, and I don't want to not give someone credit, so I'm suspending the bug hunt for a while. Everyone that I had on my list should now have a code via a forum private message. Anyone that didn't let me know, since it's entirely possible I missed a few people in my tracking (another reason I made it forum based, I can just go back and look :) )

Thanks to everyone that helped out. I think we definitely got VersaTool ready for release, now I can hunker down and prepare for the onslaught of emails I get when I release it. (Yay!) :)

I'll likely be starting the contest back up after the initial release, since then I'll be working more on new features and there will likely be many more bugs. Right now I only have like 10 applets in the tool, but my todo list is 30 long, so plenty of opportunities to squash bugs.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Bug hunt ended!

New postby dx169 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm glad you're feeling confident about the release of VT. I am also confident that this will really succeed and take off and I'll try the best I can to spread the word as well. I hope those 30 on your todo list do not cause clutter within the app though. Organization is key here and I'm looking forward to the reboot feature being fully compatible.
dx169

New postby c0rinne on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Thumbs up. This is a great app that also has great potential.

Good job.
Blackberry 8520
T-Mobile
c0rinne

New postby arkolbus on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:14 am

I got my reg code, but I can't figure out how to enter it. Am I crazy, or have you just not implemented registration since it's a high-churn beta?

Edit: Just noticed a new version on the website. Installing, will try it out later today when I have time to reboot. Changelog says the registration stuff is fixed, so you can probably ignore this post.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby dx169 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:08 pm

arkolbus wrote:I got my reg code, but I can't figure out how to enter it. Am I crazy, or have you just not implemented registration since it's a high-churn beta?

Edit: Just noticed a new version on the website. Installing, will try it out later today when I have time to reboot. Changelog says the registration stuff is fixed, so you can probably ignore this post.

I think the registration's been implemented since .13. Run VT and go to settings, should be there.
dx169

New postby arkolbus on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 pm

dx169 wrote:
arkolbus wrote:Edit: Just noticed a new version on the website. Installing, will try it out later today when I have time to reboot. Changelog says the registration stuff is fixed, so you can probably ignore this post.

I think the registration's been implemented since .13. Run VT and go to settings, should be there.

Yeah. Hence, my edit.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Return to Bugs and help