A big thank you to Versatile Monkey

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

A big thank you to Versatile Monkey

New postby Steve_S_T on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:18 am

Just taking the opportunity to say thanks for the Android version of PodTrapper. I defected from BlackBerry to a HTC Desire Android phone in late June and up until an hour ago there were only three things I missed - the excellent BIS, a physical keyboard (although only a little and only occasionally) and PodTrapper. A thread on an Android forum inspired me to check in at Versatile Monkey and lo and behold, I discover a beta Podtrapper for Android. It's all installed now and I'm looking forward to getting back into using PodTrapper. Better still I've already noticed that there are lots of extra new bits of functionality. So thanks to VM, my day is made and I'm so chuffed I'm going to pay for the app again. :D

Cheers,

Steve.

P.s. Is there any reason that PodTrapper isn't available on Android Market - I can only think it's because the Android version is still in Beta?
Steve_S_T

Re: A big thank you to Versatile Monkey

New postby Steve_S_T on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:26 am

Steve_S_T wrote:I'm so chuffed I'm going to pay for the app again. :D

Not having looked before leaping I'll amend that phrase to say "will happily pay for the app again when VM set up Android Registration". :roll:
Steve_S_T

New postby marwatk on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 am

:) Thanks for using it!

Not in the market yet because I want to work out all the kinks before I start getting dings against it (negative reviews). It accepts BB reg codes, though, so you can always use your old BB reg code if you need to.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Steve_S_T on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:18 am

marwatk wrote::) Thanks for using it!

Not in the market yet because I want to work out all the kinks before I start getting dings against it (negative reviews). It accepts BB reg codes, though, so you can always use your old BB reg code if you need to.

-Marcus

Well I can understand you not wanting negative reviews Marcus, although you do occasionally have to deal with people who seem intent on negativity or are complete idiots. For example Android Central have a widget for the news from their website which is VERY clearly sold as a widget (and is called the Android Central Widget to boot). One guy called Jeffrey gave it a 1 star review with the comment "just a widget, not an app", which is true of course but can hardly be a fair reason for a 1 star review imo. I think there must be a way of fiddling the ratings too because I see some apps with loads of bad scores and still an overall 4.5 star rating. As you may gather from my posts on your "PodTrapper Licensing (Android <-> BB) " thread, pricing will also determine the level of some reviews in the Market, which is another reason to consider a "lite" free (or very cheap) version over trial and full price only. Quality will out though, and PodTrapper's the best Podcast app in my book, especially now in the Android world which has fairly limited choice.

I'll try the BlackBerry code if I can retrieve it but will be happy to pay again if needs be. Thanks.

Steve.
Steve_S_T

New postby Steve_S_T on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Seems that I've deleted the e-mail with the registration code in it Marcus, all I have left is the App World confirmation of order e-mail (I assume that the order number isn't the activation code) and a PodTrapper folder (with a few Podcasts in it) from a back up. Can the registration code be retrieved from there?

Steve.
Steve_S_T

New postby marwatk on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:49 am

That should work, otherwise shoot me an email and I can look it up.

-marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Steve_S_T on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:48 pm

I'll give that a try when I get chance Marcus. You may need to have a look at my bug report in the Bugs and Help section as I don't think it's actually possible to enter a code on my HTC Desire at the moment anyway, unless I'm being a bit thick which is quite possible.

Thanks,

Steve.
Steve_S_T

New postby marwatk on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Just wanted to confirm that this is fixed in .11. Is it working for you?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Steve_S_T on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm

PodTrapper has updated but unfortunately I'm on holiday at the moment and can't access the code to try it. Will do so on Tuesday when I get home. Thanks.
Steve_S_T

New postby hunberry on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Hey Marcus,

We really, really love you.

I just switched to Moto Cliq XT from a BB 8320, and I am very delighted that I can transfer Podtrapper to it.
As a token of my appreciation I posted on android forum about Podtrapper.

It is too bad that the stupid android still does not play through my mono headset,
and I am missing the keyboard shortcuts (because there is no keyboard?).

Let me know if any testing is needed.
hunberry

New postby Steve_S_T on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:55 am

Hi Marcus,

I've sent you a DM as I'm unable to locate the correct code for my copy of PT, but the code will now enter because it keeps telling me that mine's wrong!

Steve.

UPDATE - This issue has been resolved. I have recovered my purchase code and can confirm that it works on the Android version of the app
Steve_S_T

New postby marwatk on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:57 am

Cool, sorry about that, I'm really bad at checking my private messages.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby UrbanZomB on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:20 am

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I just found out my BB code works with my Droid. I just wanted to say this was one of my favorite apps on BB and was sad to leave it months ago. Finding this today was great and I appreciate the work you did for this and supporting those who bought and then switched to Android. Big thanks!
UrbanZomB

New postby Kathleen on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Let me pile on to say how glad I was to find Podtrapper available for Android after leaving Blackberry. It is almost sad how much I rely on this app. I bought a new license for the HTC EVO even though I could transfer the old license. Worth every penny.
Kathleen

New postby c5karl on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:07 am

Another thank you for the Android version. I used PodTrapper on my BlackBerry every day, so it has been great not to have to give it up after switching to Android (specifically, to a Galaxy S/Captivate).

It's a little harder to navigate without a physical keyboard, but as expected, it works great (and I'm still using it every day).

I could have sideloaded the app and re-used my BB auth key, but I happily paid $8 in the Android Market for a fresh license instead.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work.
c5karl

New postby wpwoodjr on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:09 am

I agree, so happy to have PT on my Droid X that I paid again too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
wpwoodjr

New postby geewhipped on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:25 am

Add me to this list... I was a big fan of PodTrapper on my BlackBerry Tour and I've been struggling along with BeyondPod on my HTC Incredible since I made the switch to Android. I was so frustrated with BeyondPod that I started looking for reviews of alternatives (like DoggCatcher) and somebody mentioned PodTrapper.
I couldn't be happier that I can have my old favorite app back! goodbye, beyondpod...

Thanks again!

PS. any chance you'll android-ize HoneyDew as well?
geewhipped

New postby bdander on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:01 am

I just discovered you in Android market. I only regret I went so long with my new Android device without knowing you had already ported it. Podtrapper is the ONLY thing I have missed since I switched from my Blackberry to Android last summer. I have been struggling along with those other guys now for six months (BeyondPod, DoggCatcher, Listen etc.) Podtrapper is quite simply the only podcast catching tool for a mobile device that actually works like a podcast tool should work. Either the other guys just don't get it, or they don't know how to program it. Thank you again. I am another happy customer that made a double purchase.
bdander

Return to General Discussion