Auto-Reply settings

Auto-Reply settings

New postby missmimi on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:45 am

Is there any way to adjust the amount of times you can auto-respond to a certain phone number/email in any given 24 hour period? I am a real estate agent and would like to use this feature to provide an SMS message with property details. It is very likely that a person would submit more than 1 text message (different text messages for different properties) from the same number within the allowed 24 hour period (for example, they are driving around the neighbourhood and see 2 of my listings that interest them).

Thanks is advance for any replies!

Amy
missmimi

Re: Auto-Reply settings

New postby harringg on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:43 am

It would be nice to be able auto-reply with an SMS to an incoming phone call as well. I posted a feature request for this early on, but haven't gotten any feedback on that. I've found a free program that does that now on my S2, but it's awkward to use.

Edit: I also just found a paid 3rd party app that does this (Empower), but if anyone can let me know if there are plans to allow VT to do this, I'll hold off on the Empower product.
harringg

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi Amy,

missmimi wrote:I am a real estate agent and would like to use this feature to provide an SMS message with property details.

Heh, this was actually the use case that I designed it for :)

I'm working on a configurable threshold for when to send them again, currently at once per 24 hours. There will be an 'unlimited' option as well, and it will be moved to counting it against each auto reply per user, instead of per user without regard for auto-reply.

I can definitely add an auto-reply based on phone call, but what scenario would that be used for?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby harringg on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:05 pm

marwatk wrote:I can definitely add an auto-reply based on phone call, but what scenario would that be used for?
-Marcus

Specifically, when a phone call comes in and I can't answer, it will send a text message. See here for a standalone application that does this now. I used it's DND feature today when in the lab and didn't have time to take calls. Rather than changing VM message on my phone, it will let them know why I can't answer and when I can return their call.
harringg

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Ah, interesting. This is definitely something I can add.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby JonPCole on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 am

Do I understand correctly that the Auto Reply feature can only send 1 reply to an email address each 24 hours? Does this hold true even if I turn an auto replay off and on later in the day? How about if I use different auto replies that I've setup (e.g. "In a Meeting", "Driving", and "Unavailable" are three distinct auto replies that I might turn on and off throughout the day.

I'm hoping that I can, for example, turn the "Driving" auto reply on and off twice a day (while commuting), and I hope that the same email address could send emails at those times of the day and receive 2 responses.

Thanks,
Jon
JonPCole

Auto-Reply - Must Versatile Monkey Remain Running?

New postby JonPCole on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:03 am

Do I have to keep VT running for auto reply to work? If, for example, I enable an auto reply and then close Versatile Monkey, will the replies still be sent? Or must switch applications to leave it running in the background?

Thanks,
Jon
JonPCole

New postby marwatk on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:08 pm

If you grab the latest beta (http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/versatoolbeta/) it allows you to configure how frequently to send the replies.

No need to keep it running, that's all handled for you in the background.

Let me know if I can answer anything else.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion