Version 1.6.5 PreReleased!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

Version 1.6.5 PreReleased!

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi all, after a bit of a hiatus (I was out of town last weekend), here's the latest release. There are a multitude of bug fixes in this one, mostly aimed at reliability. Plus a few new features.

The method for parsing RSS has changed, so I'm really interested to hear about any issues with any feeds. The new setup should work when not all of the XML is available (like when it's too much to download over the air).

Also, playlists saw a massive update, let me know what you think about the new features (check out 'Add Episodes' from the playlist screen).

There are also a few minor features and ui updates sprinkled around.

See the PreRelease site for a complete list of changes and future todo's.

Note: OPML didn't make this release, even though I said it would. I'm hoping to get some more time tonight to work on it, hopefully I'll have it ready for the next release (or this version's main release).

Hopefully the next release won't have so much time in between (10 whole days!). :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Version 1.6.5 PreReleased!

New postby audioeng on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:46 pm

I like the new View Downloads section, one quirk I found is when the Queue Status field takes up three lines on the screen and you scroll down (so that the queue status is off screen) and back up, the text in the queue status area goes solid black. It does not appear to do this when it is only 1 line(i haven't seen it display 2 lines yet to know how that behaves). backing out of the view downloads screen to the main podtrapper screen and reentering makes the text display correctly, but it happens again when you scroll down and up.

It also fixes itself when it finishes that download and goes on to the next item.

Looks good so far. I will have to load up 5-10 new podcasts to stress its downloading. (That is when I noticed the downloads stopping.)

Thanks!
Josh
T-mo 8320
audioeng

New postby marwatk on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi Josh, found out where that issue was and fixed it for the next release. Thanks for letting me know.

I also fixed a few other minor bugs there.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Tried out your 1.6.5 version today with much success. I was able to listen to many pods and many different episodes that I knew would work.
I still had issues getting 'The Signal' to stop redownloading over and over. At one point I lost all the menus again and no amount of resets would fix it. I just stopped the downloading and went on to another Podcast.
I also couldn't delete a couple of episodes in one of my podcasts no matter what I did so I just deleted the entire podcast and re-entered it in manually.
As I listened to some other episodes I could receive texts, IM, and an emails and back out to respond. Audio would pause and resume just fine.
I like the new face on the view downloads page. It's more informative to me. I browsed the podcast index to try out a few more and I'll keep playing and experimenting.
Thanks for all the hard work.
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

Return to Announcements