Android 2.2 Video playback stops when rotating screen

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Android 2.2 Video playback stops when rotating screen

New postby bitbyter on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:50 am

Hi all - did my searches but surprised that I seem to be the only one experiencing this ? Just moved from bberry to Android and have latest version installed, tried watching a video podcast and it consistently stops playback whenever the device orientation is changed. Have gone through settings and can not get it to restart automatically. Am I missing something obvious ? Cheers, Scott
bitbyter

Re: Android 2.2 Video playback stops when rotating screen

New postby marwatk on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Yeah, that was a bug. It's fixed in the latest beta if you want to give it a shot:

http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/

Let me know if that doesn't fix it for you.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Android 2.2 Video playback stops when rotating screen

New postby Australian on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi, I am from MyDellMini forum, and advise the problem of videos ceasing to run with only the audio continuing, is a problem on the Dell Streak, as well.

If one plays any video from Gallery as soon as the phone is booted, there is usually not a problem.

But use a few other Apps. and then try any form of video, and the problem may occur.

The only solution is to reboot, and that is a lengthy process on the Streak.

Just looking at this problem in a search engine, it is apparent that every android device experiences the same problem, so it appears to be an android problem.

However, my Archos 5 - also android never experiences the problem.

I tried a new video player for the Streak, called Mobo Video Player, - much nicer controls than the stock player, by it too cannot launch if the stock player goes down.
Australian

Return to Bugs and help