No Exit function on v3.0.19beta for Android

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

No Exit function on v3.0.19beta for Android

New postby CVuPlay on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:43 pm

In the latest beta version, I can't find the option to Exit PodTrapper.

Don't get me wrong, I love PodTrapper - can't live without it. But... During business hours, I like to Exit out of PodTrapper because there have been more than a few embarrassing times when my podcasts have inadvertently started playing because I hit the power button too fast. Then I'm frantically trying to stop it while everyone in the meeting stares.

Yes, I have chosen to turn on the Power button for Play/Pause because there are not other buttons on my Samsung Captivate and I like the ability to Play/Pause without having to unlock my phone and start staring at my screen while I'm driving.

I hope the Exit function is coming back in a soon-to-be-released build?

Thank you.
CVuPlay

Re: No Exit function on v3.0.19beta for Android

New postby marwatk on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 am

The exit button was counter to the whole android philosophy, and I've been meaning to get rid of it for a while, so it would take an unsolvable problem to put it back. Fortunately I don't think this is it. There are two things going on here:

1. Playback will only resume via those buttons if something is paused, not stopped. (Right now both Stop and Pause are labeled 'Stop', but I'll be fixing that). So, hitting 'Stop' (the first 'Stop', not that one that says 'Stop (Space)') will get you the exact same behavior as 'Exit' used to with respect to playback resume. If it doesn't let me know, it's a bug.

2. Auto-stop should make it so that you don't even have to press 'Stop' manually. Auto-stop can be enabled in playback settings and it will prevent resuming via an inadvertent button press after a predetermined amount of time paused (configurable).

Will those work for you?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: No Exit function on v3.0.19beta for Android

New postby CVuPlay on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Ah. Thanks for reminding me about the Stop function. I always assumed that Stop would lose my play position and put me back at the beginning of the podcast - just found out that it, in fact, does NOT do that - Perfect!

So the Stop function completely solves my request! Now Podtrapper can continue to check for & download new podcasts and I won't get any more embarrassing unintentional podcasts blaring during my meetings.

I also start playing with the Auto-Stop function. I guess if I set it to 15 minutes than my podcast should still auto-resume if I'm interrupted by a 10 minute phone call.

Thank you.
CVuPlay

Return to Bugs and help