Issues with latest betas

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Issues with latest betas

New postby EndingPop on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm having several issues with the latest beta:

1. When playing a video podcast sometimes I'm unable to stop it by pressing any key except for the mute rocker button. In these situations I'm also unable to allow the podcast to continue playing but click the red close button to do other things on the phone. At other times it works properly. I haven't figured out why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
2. If I play a video podcast followed by an audio podcast, sometimes the screen will remain blank while the audio is playing. When I pause the audio I see the regular screen again. Playing after that causes the screen to blank again. It seems like it's trying to play non-existent video.
3. I continue to see my BB crash at random times, but only when a video podcast is playing. Once it restarts I can continue through the podcast fine.
4. I have it set to delete podcasts after listening, but since I got the latest beta it hasn't been doing that.

Finally, is it really necessary to restart the device when a new version is installed? I only ask because it literally takes 15 minutes for my phone to restart. If it's needed then I understand.
Motorola Droid X2 running Android 2.2.2 on Verizon

PodTrapper v3.0.20
HoneyDew v2.0.6
EndingPop

Re: Issues with latest betas

New postby MrFun on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:12 pm

I am experiencing all that as well, my bb is crashing even when I am not playing anything, I am almost positive that pt is causing the random rebooths since it started right after installing the latest beta.
Blackberry :( Tour 9630 5.0.0.624
MrFun

New postby EndingPop on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 am

Update to #4, it seems to delete audio podcasts fine but not video podcasts.
Motorola Droid X2 running Android 2.2.2 on Verizon

PodTrapper v3.0.20
HoneyDew v2.0.6
EndingPop

New postby marwatk on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Can you try out .14? It should fix everything but the crashiness (though anything is possible, there).

The crashiness, though, is the BB I think. With OS 5.0.0.800+ and 6.0 it's gotten incredibly crappy. PT should never be able to crash the device.

Let me know how it goes with that one.

The reboots are required, unfortunately. Any time an app that registers any OS-level listeners is reinstalled it requires a reboot on BB. It's extremely problematic from my end, because I have to shutdown and restart the simulator (~45 seconds) for *every code change*. Heh. Awesome.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby czukas on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:06 am

I was experiencing the black screen after video problem in 3.0.13 and I see that it was fixed with version 3.0.14. Thanks!

After upgrading from 3.0.2 to 3.0.13 I started experiencing many more "Download Failed" statuses on podcasts. It seems like it is giving up too early for my setup. I use podshifter.com to double the speed of some of my podcasts. The characteristics of this service cause initial download attempts to fail, but they should eventually succeed (usually within an hour). The first time that the service receives a request for podcast foo at speed X it fails, but starts to download and create that desired combination in the background. The request will fail until the required processing has been completed and the file is ready for download. This was working fine in version 3.0.2, but in version 3.0.13 I have to search my long list of podcasts for "Download Failed" and manually request the download. On occasion, multiple manual requests were required. Thanks in advance for addressing this problem.

I realize that most users might not want their bandwidth wasted on doomed attempts on failing downloads. So, I would love to see a couple configuration parameters added to address this problem. I know that if the podcast is not available the first time it is requested, it is likely to take at least 15 minutes for it to be ready. Allowing the user to configure the retry interval (time between retries) and number of retries (or length of time to retry) would allow me to retry less often, but for a longer period of time and allow the default to remain as it is today. This is my ideal solution, but as always it is up to the developer to determine the best course of action.

I just confirmed that 3.0.15 still has this problem.

Thanks,
Carl

BlackBerry Tour 9630: v5.0.0.975
Podtrapper: v3.0.15
HoneyDew: v1.0.18
VersaTool: v1.0.2
czukas

New postby marwatk on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Carl,

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure what's going on there. It should only 'Download Failed' after like 4 attempts, and those should only happen when the updates are checked. Can you shoot me a copy of your logs next time you see it?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby CheddarMelt on Wed May 25, 2011 9:18 am

I have had similar problems on my Storm. If I try to pause a video, then resume it, I get audio only. If I click on the screen to pause it, nothing happens.
also, my BB crashes many times daily since upgrading. And I can't scroll down on a description without losing the forward/reverse controls. How do I revert to a previous version?
CheddarMelt

New postby jjaimon on Fri May 27, 2011 8:19 am

I upgraded to 3.0.20 Beta Version a week back and it appears that podtrapper db is corrupted. The podtrapper home screen is just blank as if no podcasts are configured. However, I can see that podtrapper recognizes my subscriptions as I see the download/update message at the bottom. Podtrapper just hang (assume so, as the progress bar keep moving) if I tried to prune orphaned files, recreate thumbnails or tried to exit. I have to cancel the operation. I tried to restore the configuration from an old backup. It didn't help at all. Is there a way to restore/get back my previous working state? How do I debug this further. (trying to gather logfiles while "sending a mail to developer" gets into the same "hang" state and I have to cancel the operation.)

--jaimon
jjaimon

New postby marwatk on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Do they eventually load? As part of my 'android lifecycle' stuff I removed the startup box, but now there's no indication that stuff is loading. It can take a few seconds (a minute?) for them to all load. Do they eventually pop up?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help