Skip ahead / skip back issues

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Skip ahead / skip back issues

New postby cowtown on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi,
Thanks for Podtrapper, it is one of my favorite apps.

I am having an issue with the latest release and beta versions on my HTC Thunderbolt (Android Froyo). The skip forward/skip back functions are not skipping the correct amounts. It appears that the status bar is also counting the time too slowly. Usually when I skip back, say 5 seconds, the status bar will correctly take off 5 seconds, but the podcast will actually skip back several minutes. This happens when skipping both forward and backward, with all different skip settings (I use seconds and not percentages for this setting).

I searched and see that this might match a similar problem reported here: http://versatilemonkey.com/forums/viewt ... iew=unread
Looking at it further while I'm listening to podcasts the displayed time is actually ticking slower than real time even though the sound is playing real time so if I skip ahead after it is playing for some time it will put me further ahead in regards to time displayed but further back in the podcast.

This only happens on the HTC. Previous Droid X and Blackberry installs were fine. I would be happy to provide logs or other information if you tell me how!

Thanks,
Colin
cowtown

Re: Skip ahead / skip back issues

New postby juggalo20_2001 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:09 pm

cowtown wrote:Hi,
Thanks for Podtrapper, it is one of my favorite apps.

I am having an issue with the latest release and beta versions on my HTC Thunderbolt (Android Froyo). The skip forward/skip back functions are not skipping the correct amounts. It appears that the status bar is also counting the time too slowly. Usually when I skip back, say 5 seconds, the status bar will correctly take off 5 seconds, but the podcast will actually skip back several minutes. This happens when skipping both forward and backward, with all different skip settings (I use seconds and not percentages for this setting).

I searched and see that this might match a similar problem reported here: http://versatilemonkey.com/forums/viewt ... iew=unread
Looking at it further while I'm listening to podcasts the displayed time is actually ticking slower than real time even though the sound is playing real time so if I skip ahead after it is playing for some time it will put me further ahead in regards to time displayed but further back in the podcast.

This only happens on the HTC. Previous Droid X and Blackberry installs were fine. I would be happy to provide logs or other information if you tell me how!

Thanks,
Colin

If Podtrapper version 3.0.20 for Android is the same as it is for BlackBerry you can submit logs by going into the "Help/Support" menu and choosing "Email Developer" and you should get a prompt to attach logs.

Hopefully it's the same or similar for Android...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
juggalo20_2001

Re: Skip ahead / skip back issues

New postby cowtown on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:15 am

juggalo20_2001 wrote:If Podtrapper version 3.0.20 for Android is the same as it is for BlackBerry you can submit logs by going into the "Help/Support" menu and choosing "Email Developer" and you should get a prompt to attach logs.

Thanks juggalo20_2001, I sent in some logs and referred the developer to this thread also.

Here's a little more concrete information: I just listened to a podcast with a total length of 36m:39s. Listening straight through from beginning to end, it plays fine, BUT when the podcast is finished, the status bar is at "83% listened" and shows 30:43 (not 36:39).

Then, if I then hit play without doing any further navagation, it picks up and plays atarting at 30:43 even though I've really listened to the whole thing.

Thanks,
Colin
cowtown

Return to Bugs and help