Andriod on HTC EVO 3D Pod Trapper not full screen.

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Andriod on HTC EVO 3D Pod Trapper not full screen.

New postby pcfascist on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi,

I've got an HTC EVO 3D which I'm not seeing PodTrapper in full screen. It is missing about 1/4inch on the bottom or on each side if in landscape. Please let me know how to get the logs to you and if you need to provide a alpha to me to gather more logs.
pcfascist

Re: Andriod on HTC EVO 3D Pod Trapper not full screen.

New postby razholio on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:58 pm

I'd like to add that I'm seeing the same thing on my motorola atrix, but only after the last update which brought the phone from 2.2.1 froyo, to 2.3.4 gingerbread. The major similarity between these two phones (other than both running 2.3.x) is that they both have qHD screens which can have issues rendering some apps that are expecting 800x600 displays.

My issue is not so much with the poor GUI render, but with the change in the long-press menus. in the podcast view where I can see all the episodes of a particular podcast, I used to be able to long-press on one and select delete (among a host of other options), and now that menu has changed such that there is no way to delete podcast episodes anymore. This is eventually going to become problematic....
razholio

New postby pcfascist on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:05 pm

This is resolved in the newest update that I got from the server today (not the market update).
pcfascist

New postby razholio on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:46 am

I see that's the 3.0.20 beta that was updated. I'm back on 'stable' 3.0.6 right now. any reason not to try the 'beta' 3.0.20?
razholio

New postby razholio on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 am

I went ahead and downloaded and installed the beta version 3.0.20, and that has fixed the problem with podtrapper not using the full screen on a qHD device, as well as the context menu in the podcast list view. I do lament the loss of the 'delete below' option in this context menu as I now have to delete each podcast one at a time which can get tedious. One of the things I really like about podtrapper is how many options are given to the user to make it easy for each user to make podtrapper work the way it should for each individual. It's an arrogant developer who thinks they know how their app should be used... It makes me wonder why this option was removed as the podtrapper developer has always been on the side of choice for the user.
razholio

Return to Bugs and help