Item Delete

Item Delete

New postby Klotar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:47 pm

I noticed that if I click an item within a list, I get a confirmation box asking if I want to Delete the item or cancel.

However, if I click the Delete key on the device with an item highlighted, there will be no confirmation box, the item is just deleted.

I am wondering if, 1) a confirmation box can be added when the Delete key is used, and 2) if the default selection in that confirmation box can be Cancel rather than delete. It is better IMO to be annoyed that deleting an item takes extra work (roll trackball) than the annoyance of deleting an item accidentally.

PS - not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request /grin
Klotar

Re: Item Delete

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi there,

For this one I'm going to have to disagree :)

When I'm shopping it needs to be as quick as possible to get rid of items as I put them into my basket. What I may do is add a configuration option to the settings screen, but given HoneyDew's target audience I'm hesitant to add any more options than necessary. Not sure what the best solution is here...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Klotar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Understood.

What led up to this, is that I accidentally deleted the wrong item once (by scrolling up/down too fast). I had no idea what I had deleted, so even the autocomplete / deleted items list couldn't help there.
Klotar

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Yeah, it's a pain when that happens. I may be able to add an 'Undo', which could help. Alternatively you can see what the sync updates are on the other phone, but that's not a good solution.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help