Another sync issue

Another sync issue

New postby kpicchioni on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:00 am

Lately I've noticed my HoneyDew doing something wierd when it syncs. If I delete items from the list, and then my husband later adds items (different items, different categories) HoneyDew adds the items that I deleted in another sync directly following the one from my husband. Hope this makes sense! Any thoughts?
kpicchioni

Re: Another sync issue

New postby ahagenmaier on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:50 pm

I have actually noticed this too and was trying to figure out how it happened.
BB 8820
OS 4.5
ahagenmaier

New postby marwatk on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Hmm, can you guys update to the latest beta and see if it still happens? (Make sure to update all phones involved):

http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/honeydewbeta/

Let me know...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jonkjon on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:19 pm

I am finding that we are almost always assured of a good sync if we always perform a manual sync after adding or removing items. Otherwise, syncs are ocassionally missing. I am using a Storm 2 and my wife is still on the Storm 1 and i'm not sure if maybe HoneyDew isn't closed on hers when we sync or if that matters at all.This is a great app.....btw, we are both using the newest version.
jonkjon

New postby marwatk on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Ok, what I'll likely need to do is have it periodically keep syncing while open. Right now it only syncs upon closure, so I'll see about changing it.

Let me know if you notice a more specific pattern, though.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Klotar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:44 am

I've noticed that some sync's don't happen sometimes also. Doing a manual sync after updating takes care of any issues though.

Is it supposed to auto sync after closing (minimizing) the app, or is it timed? I did see mention of 5 minutes in this thread.

Or does it store a value somewhere and compare it to the latest local list, calculate it's value and sync if the value is different?

For now we have gotten into the habit of manually syncing to avoid any issues.
Klotar

New postby marwatk on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:06 pm

If you haven't synced within the last hour or so it will sync immediately on close. If you have synced it will wait until 5 minutes after the last edit, so it's not constantly sending updates as you type them in. It shouldn't ever not sync, though, unless you don't exit (it only syncs on exit, which I've been meaning to change).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Klotar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Okay, I'll do a bit more testing -- perhaps I didn't wait long enough. Easy enough to check with two BB's side by side.
Klotar

Return to Bugs and help