Bluetooth

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Bluetooth

New postby Dojasc on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:49 am

I would like to be able to use the shortcut buttons on my bluetooth headset like I do with the BB media player. I can adjust the volume, advance or back tracks, pause and play without fiddling with my BB.
Dojasc

Re: Bluetooth

New postby marwatk on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi there,

Unfortunately this isn't possible with current BB OS versions. Rumor has it this has changed with OS version 5.0, but I haven't had an opportunity to test it yet. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you :(

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby tadevinney on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:52 pm

I have noticed on the Bold build 4.6.0.167 that the bluetooth features to pause and change tracks works on the regular media player. Any chance to see this coming soon?

p.s. just got my Bold (aug 13) first download was the trial version of Podtrapper and my first podcast was listening to the developer of PodTrapper on the Crackberry podcast. must be sign. love the ease of functionality. thanks Thomas
tadevinney

New postby CollinF on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:23 pm

That's pretty much what Dojasc was asking I think, and as Marcus was saying, it's not possible with existing builds of the OS as RIM has restricted this to the blackberries native media player for now.
CollinF

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Yep, that's basically the case.

Only the BB media player currently sees those keys in any situation, no third parties have access to it [yet].

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby danep on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:38 am

Sorry to hear about the difficulties here, I would love to see this feature as well! I actually posted a dupe of this thread, since the title ("Bluetooth") isn't very informative - you might consider changing it.
danep

New postby RocketBrewer on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:26 pm

I am able to pause/play Pandora which I don't believe is a BB native application. Maybe the remote controls function has been released for access from third party software. Please look into this and try again.
RocketBrewer

New postby marwatk on Sat May 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Yep, this was added when OS 5.0 came out. You can grab PodTrapper for that OS here:
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Cel123 on Sat May 22, 2010 2:15 pm

i got the trial pc download alx version of podtrapper a few days ago and have been really impressed with it on my bold 9700 with os 5. unfortunately i have not been able to control the player from my bluetooth headset (http://tinyurl.com/3ac6rqk). is that because i installed the wrong version and i should reinstall from http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/ ? my about screen on bb says version 2.6.7 so should that not support the remote bluetooth buttons already? or should i get the beta? or is the trial version disabled for bluetooth shortcut key funcitonaliry ?

thanks for your help, i hope i can get all my main desired functionality from your app in which case i will buy it!
Cel123

New postby Cel123 on Sun May 23, 2010 1:53 am

new info, i installed the beta version for os 5.0 (v 2 6 9 ) as well as made sure the bluetooth stereo headset was connected/paired to the bb before PodTrapper was running in the background: now one or both of these changes seemed to make the bluetooth Play/Pause button work !

i discovered a related issue with this positive change though: when i press the NextTrack/Skip/Forward button on the bluetooth headset then this action triggeres the "Fast Forward a Lot" action in PodTrapper rather than the "Fast Forward End" action?
i have changed the "Fast Forward a Lot" parameter to the value "Skip Track" under "Keyboard Settings" in PodTrapper and altohough this changes the bluetooth skip button to work as it should (i.e. to skip track), that setting also changes the action of the penultimate fastfastforward button inside PodTrapper to skip (when the ultimate button is already doing skip in PodTrapper)...

finally, and should i move this last point to a new thread?, when i skip a track in podtrapper, the track gets removed from teh playlist even if i did not finish listening to it (skipped say after a few minutes in of an hourlong podcast) : the question is, is there a way to set PodTrapper to only automatically remove the item if i actually reach teh end of the podcast but leave it in the playlist when i press skip i.e. often i want to go back to that podcast later, just thtat moment i want to listen to a different higher priority podcast, so i press skip ?

thanks again for a great product, just trying to make sure it works for all the main desired functionality!
Cel123

New postby Cel123 on Sun May 23, 2010 2:49 am

i keep learning new things, so it seems for the latter question im asking if it is possible to set the "Play Next (reQueue)" as the default, and not from the bb menu, but from the skip button inside the podtrapper window and more importantly when pressing skip from bluetooth headset ?
Cel123

New postby marwatk on Sun May 23, 2010 10:47 am

Hi there,

Right now it's not possible to separately customize the bluetooth controls, but this is something that's coming in the next release. (As soon as I get the android port, done, basically). Soon :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Cel123 on Mon May 24, 2010 12:33 am

great news!
Cel123

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Crap, no, I forgot. I'll try to get it in the next release or two.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests