Ability to map play/pause to convenience keys

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Ability to map play/pause to convenience keys

New postby Loopy on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:58 pm

I like to listen to podcasts with the Blackberry in a pocket, controlling play/pause and volume without needing to bring the Blackberry out of the pocket.

I don't know if this is technically possible, but can you allow the option/choice/ability to remap play/pause to the left or right convenience button? I find the mute button difficult to press blindly. Plus I've found that the mute button interferes with the Media Player. At some point today, I believe pressing mute started both Media Player *and* Podtrapper.
Loopy

Re: Ability to map play/pause to convenience keys

New postby marwatk on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi Loopy, this is a GREAT idea, and will totally help with the issue that I can't see the mute/pause key when podtrapper doesn't have focus. It still won't work when the berry is locked, but at least it will when podtrapper doesn't have focus.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Ability to map play/pause to convenience keys

New postby FragU on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:06 am

This is a FANTASTIC idea. I have a roller-ball Berry (Nextel 8350i) and if you don't roll EXACTLY left/right, it goes down too low on the screen (to the area that lists what is playing) and you can't play/pause. Best idea on the to-do list by far.
FragU

Return to Feature requests