The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack - 2.6.7 crashing

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack - 2.6.7 crashing

New postby timsnow on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:45 pm

I can't seem to listen to this podcast on my Storm 2 (9550) using 2.6.7. For whatever reason, as soon as I start playback, it causes my phone to crash and reboot. Running v.5.0.0.428 on the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem?
timsnow

Re: The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack - 2.6.7 crashing

New postby marwatk on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Check the setting 'Buffer Playback" in the Playback Settings screen. if that's on turn it off. Otherwise let me know...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby timsnow on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:05 am

Marcus,

That setting is set to "off". I actually did a little further testing today and I don't think it is podtrapper, itself. I can go download the .m4a file, store it on the sd card and when trying to open those podcast files directly with BB Media Player, it causes the phone to crash. It has to be something within the podcast file.

The podcast has a bunch of extra pictures throughout it that correspond to things that are being discussed during the show.

Has anyone else tried playing one of these on a BB? The podcast webpage is http://www.jayandjack.com/ if someone wouldn't mind trying to download and playing it by hand.
timsnow

New postby arkolbus on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:07 am

timsnow wrote:Marcus,

That setting is set to "off". I actually did a little further testing today and I don't think it is podtrapper, itself. I can go download the .m4a file, store it on the sd card and when trying to open those podcast files directly with BB Media Player, it causes the phone to crash. It has to be something within the podcast file.

The podcast has a bunch of extra pictures throughout it that correspond to things that are being discussed during the show.

If you don't care about the pictures, they have another feed that''s MP3 and should just be audio. Feed is at http://lukevenk.hipcast.com/rss/lost_po ... d_jack.xml
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Return to Bugs and help