8520 Keys Working Strangely

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

8520 Keys Working Strangely

New postby Shayna on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:30 am

I just switched from an 8900 to an 8520 (I know, it's a downgrade) and I'm having weird issues with the keys. When I use the space bar or play button on the top of the device to pause and then resume, it's like it's muted. I have to use one of the volume up/down keys on the side to be able to hear the already playing podcast. The volume up/down side keys are showing movement in the blue volume bar, but definitely do not control the volume. The keys on the top of the BB (play/pause), FF, Rew seem to work fine. Also, whenever I receive a text message or IM, it pauses my podcast. None of these things were issues on my 8900 and I even compared all the settings this morning. Happy to send logs or verify settings. Thanks!

Shayna
Shayna

Re: 8520 Keys Working Strangely

New postby marwatk on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi Shayna,

You can you me logs for each of the issues? (It'll be a pain, but the only way I can narrow it down). Basically, for each one, duplicate it, then send the logs over, noting which issue you just duplicated. That should help me track it down.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: 8520 Keys Working Strangely

New postby Shayna on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:27 am

I just sent the logs for the pause, then it's muted issue. That's the biggie for me. Will send the others as they crop up. Thanks a bunch!
Shayna

Return to Bugs and help