Bluetooth output stops while using TeleNav

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Bluetooth output stops while using TeleNav

New postby irishpadres on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:59 am

One problem that I've always had using PodTrapper (running 2.6.9 currently) is that when I use AT&T Navigator (aka TeleNav) while listening to a podcast in PodTrapper the audio is redirected from bluetooth to the device speaker. If I force the output back to bluetooth, it quickly reverts back to the device speaker. That problem also exists with the new TeleNav application called OnMyWay (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/6957). I've tested this issue while playing music through the blackberry media player and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Device: Bold 9700
PodTrapper: 2.6.9
irishpadres

Re: Bluetooth output stops while using TeleNav

New postby marwatk on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi there,

I have a setting to counteract this, can you give it a try? Under the 'Playback Settings' screen there's a Continuously Set Output Mode (or similar, I forget exactly what it's called). Set that to either 'When Needed' or 'Always' and see if it helps. Let me know...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby irishpadres on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Didn't really help. It only caused it to go to the device for a second and then back to the bluetooth every five seconds which was annoying.
irishpadres

New postby marwatk on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:46 am

Is there a way to tell telenav to use the bluetooth output mode? Sadly I think that's going to be the only 'solution'. You may try setting it to OS managed, but since it's the OS that's screwing it up to begin with I'm not sure that will help all that much. What I suspect is that the GPS app is holding open a media player prepared to output stuff, and setting its output mode to the device all the time. But the OS isn't smart enough to keep everything separate. (The built in media player, on the other hand, has all sorts of native access to media, so it can do whatever it wants). Sorry I don't have a better answer for you :( I can likely file a bug with RIM on it, if we can get some details. Can you send me what versions of the AT&T app and your phone model, OS and platform versions?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby irishpadres on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:24 am

marwatk wrote:Is there a way to tell telenav to use the bluetooth output mode?

No such option I'm afraid. It doesn't have anything to control output or BT interaction.

marwatk wrote:Can you send me what versions of the AT&T app and your phone model, OS and platform versions?

Phone: Bold 9700
Platform: 5.1.0.140
AT&T Navigator (rebranded TeleNav): 1.7.0.1117
irishpadres

New postby marwatk on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Ok, I'll get this over to RIM and see what they say. Thanks for letting me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help