Next podcast in succession playback?

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Next podcast in succession playback?

New postby dale_a on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:32 am

Is there a way in podtrapper to play the next, newer, podcast in the group without user intervention? Say I am 3 or 4 'casts back. I listen to the oldest and then it stops. As far as I know I have to unlock my phone, and play the next newest podcast all by hand. Is there a way to circumvent that at all? Would be cool if there is a setting I am missing.

Loving podtrapper by the way! A great replacement for my new android. Not missing my ipod touch in the slightest now.
dale_a

Re: Next podcast in succession playback?

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi there,

You're looking for playlists:

http://www.versatilemonkey.com/wiki/Pod ... ist_Screen

That should be configurable enough so that you don't ever have to manage them. You can tweak the sort order to do just what you need. If you have trouble let me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby FreydNot on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:20 pm

My biggest problem is I'm always loosing podcasts that have been half listened to. To fix it I have to do a Quick Add and select "Both". Is there a way to make it use the "New and Unfinished" option when it automatically updates the play list?
FreydNot

New postby marwatk on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:06 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean? How are the unfinished episodes dropping out of the playlist?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby FreydNot on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:24 pm

I don't know where they go or why, but they completely disappear from the play list. As if I had deleted them from the playlist (but the audio file is still there). If I do a "Quick Add / Both" they all come back.
FreydNot

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:15 pm

:/ This sounds like a bug, but a cursory look didn't reveal anything. Can you see if you notice a pattern at all?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby FreydNot on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:22 pm

It happened again so I sent an email with the logs...
FreydNot

New postby jimsearle on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:37 pm

dale_a wrote:Is there a way in podtrapper to play the next, newer, podcast in the group without user intervention? Say I am 3 or 4 'casts back. I listen to the oldest and then it stops. As far as I know I have to unlock my phone, and play the next newest podcast all by hand. Is there a way to circumvent that at all? Would be cool if there is a setting I am missing.

Loving podtrapper by the way! A great replacement for my new android. Not missing my ipod touch in the slightest now.

I'm going back to the original request.... I have my default playlist all setup, but I would prefer that it play the "next" podcast in the list after finishing one, instead of the current behavior which is to always play the "first" one in the playlist. Is there a way to do that?
jimsearle

New postby marwatk on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:05 am

Not currently, but I'll add a playlist setting to that effect (When playback finished: Play top/Play next). I played with that label for a while, but it's still not super clear. Any better suggestions?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby jimsearle on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:03 pm

marwatk wrote:Not currently, but I'll add a playlist setting to that effect (When playback finished: Play top/Play next). I played with that label for a while, but it's still not super clear. Any better suggestions?

Marcus,

The play top/play next option sounds good to me.

Thanks,
Jim
jimsearle

Return to Bugs and help